Halloween Forum banner
22841 - 22860 of 22902 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
It's in Toronto Canada! I make halloween and gothic miniatures exclusively, so an October show is my time to shine!
It's in Toronto Canada! I make halloween and gothic miniatures exclusively, so an October show is my time to shine!
Hubby & I built a Haunted Dollhouse several years ago. It's so much fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
Not sure what this year will bring but haven’t given up on the haunted dinosaur museum/park/lab theme. Here’s a few things I just bought or received:
Hair Hand Helmet Finger Circle

Vertebrate Leaf Botany Organism Mammal

Eyelash Amber Publication Font Material property

The egg shaped object I found on clearance at Ross for $2.99. I think it’s thick hollow glass with a clear glass bottom so light can reflect up inside to illuminate. About 5 inches high.

The therapod footprint tracks I got off of Amazon. They’re a thin printed waterproof vinyl with a “removable” adhesive side. Would love a giant set of prints but do like the look of these and can make use of them in lawn I’m hoping, not sure about driveway or sidewalk. Largest ones are about 6-3/4” long, smaller ones about 2-3/4” long. Plan is to mount them to a rigid plastic sheet cut to size of print and use frost cloth metal stakes to secure into the ground and keep in place.

The sunset lamp, also off Amazon, I’m planning on for my garage door behind a parked “park visitor” car (covers the equipment) and cast a nice orange circular light that will shine against a sillhoute of a T-Rex head (picture the Jurassic Park logo here being created). Haven’t tested out look yet but the light looks good.

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
Earlier this month I got a dozen of these 7-inch eggs from Joyin (amazon) to create my lawn dino egg nests. Got around to putting the halves together today and they fit nice and solid and pretty flush at the seam. Not all the plastic eggs I’ve bought in the past did, so happy with these. Good size too to work with and large enough to be seen in the yard.

Balloon Material property Party supply Circle Electric blue

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
So I posted back on #22,849 about the sunset lamp I bought. I haven’t dug out one of my dino skeletons from storage yet but had a monkey skelly handy. This is the shadow affect (a la JP logo) I want to create on the garage door located behind a park visitor’s car with the unfortunate remains of the visitor. Hopefully conveys that one of the reconstructed velociraptors on the loose from the lab was responsible for the attack and helps set the stage beyond the park entrance. Sounds good in my mind and hope it translates that way when set up.

Still need to do a nighttime test outside. I thought of replicating the JP logo but decided to keep it somewhat different and tied more to my park. May use a silhouette of the Blue velociraptor standup that’s coming tomorrow to represent a live one. (Update: had to locate a more appropriate skeleton than a monkey for testing this out, so added new pic but taken during day ☹)
Orange Magenta Tints and shades Circle Electric blue
Extinction Dinosaur Gesture Bone Fossil

Anyway wanted to show example of lamp should anyone be thinking of purchasing one.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Why would that sound lame???? If I found something like that I might do cartwheels in the shop😯🤣
Omg!!! I'd never actually seen a Halloween German Die-Cut until a few months ago. Unfortunately now I'm hooked. We found them in a little shop near the Virginia & Maryland border. Not far from West Virginia. The scenery along the Blue Ridge is hauntingly beautiful

22841 - 22860 of 22902 Posts