Halloween Forum banner
22781 - 22799 of 22799 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Got machine screws & nuts from Lowes that will hopefully fix my columns that never got put out last year. Checked & no blue lights left after I bought the last one last Friday. Was right by Big Lots today & didn't even go there. Didn't want to be depressed & see Christmas all set up.

BTW, not sure how those who bought the blue lights get that much color out of them unless you are very close. I put mine behind a tombstone to light my cemetery & skeletons & no where near as bright as the pictures on here show. I have to supplement or move it to a different prop.
This is my first time using the blue spots from Lowes. I only bought 2 and could not believe how much of an effect it created. I don't know what made my old tombstones pop like they did. I was so impressed, I went and bought another blue and a green light just in case!

·
Registered
2,185 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
This is my first time using the blue spots from Lowes. I only bought 2 and could not believe how much of an effect it created. I don't know what made my old tombstones pop like they did. I was so impressed, I went and bought another blue and a green light just in case!
I just bought five of these from my local Lowes. These are by Gemmy but appear to be exact same.

Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
I bought a few of these from Lowes to ship to my home (local store had zero). Quantity was low even at this store so who knows what will ship. I’ve ordered from Lowes before and had orders cancelled so wary even after order confirmation.

No one else that usually carries the Gemmy lights seems to have these. Status could change in a few weeks but all probably are sitting on ships among thousands of other stacked containers. Bird in hand saying?!

@Hearthfire Since you have yours already does it look like you can remove the ugly wreath? Hope so. Gemmy why add a few more pennies to a decoration on a light that no one likely cares about being there? It's also not like anyone has that side of the light fixture facing them to see the wreath because the light would blind them!

I have some Home Depot blue solid spots from a few years back (which were manufactured for HD by Gemmy) and curious if they’ve changed the LEDs in them for this product. Guessing not.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I bought a few of these from Lowes to ship to my home (local store had zero). Quantity was low even at this store so who knows what will ship. I’ve ordered from Lowes before and had orders cancelled so wary even after order confirmation.

No one else that usually carries the Gemmy lights seems to have these. Status could change in a few weeks but all probably are sitting on ships among thousands of other stacked containers. Bird in hand saying?!

@Hearthfire Since you have yours already does it look like you can remove the ugly wreath? Hope so. Gemmy why add a few more pennies to a decoration on a light that no one likely cares about being there? It's also not like anyone has that side of the light fixture facing them to see the wreath because the light would blind them!

I have some Home Depot blue solid spots from a few years back (which were manufactured for HD by Gemmy) and curious if they’ve changed the LEDs in them for this product. Guessing not.
I hate the wreath too! Lol so guess what??? I just grabbed one and an extra tiny tool and got that damn wreath off!! It's still contained well enough!
Joint Hand Wood Gesture Knee

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
I hate the wreath too! Lol so guess what??? I just grabbed one and an extra tiny tool and got that damn wreath off!! It's still contained well enough! View attachment 757331
YES ! Thank you for being the wreath-destroying guinea pig for us. Looks like it was just attached to points on the outer lamp housing so not affecting the weather seal. Probably sold more units for Lowes now as a result!! Will definitely be ripping mine off when they arrive (still haven’t received a shipping confirmation yet tho 🤔).

·
Registered
798 Posts
I'm glad I could help! It is ridiculous looking! I was so happy at the effect they caused, I didn't care about the plastic crap!

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
Mine are showing up next Wednesday so they shipped. First thing I do is de-wreath! I like blue lighting for a spooky setting so glad to find some still in stock.
FedEx delivery from Lowes was delayed a day so just got them today. I only plugged in one of these icy blue lights and haven’t compared to my old Gemmy solid blue spots from a few years back but I think these are different based on my memory. I plugged it in in our laundry room where it was dark and first thing I noticed was the light was brighter in the center. Then I couldn’t help but notice that our fire extinguisher tag shown fluorescent yellow and a cardboard shoe box that was nearby on a washer was a fluorescent pink/red. So my first impression is this is a blacklight effect but emitting more blue light than the old “purple” lights did.

@Hearthfire did yours appear the same?

I noticed there are some type of little screws on the back side of the wreath, not philips but wondering if we have a screwdriver set to match. Maybe hex? What did you use to remove the wreaths? Thanks.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I've never used any color lights before other than string lights. But I figured these had to have some type of black light feature. My old tombstones had areas that shined like I had painted them with fresh UV paint! It was amazing how certain items just took on an irradiated effect. And yes, I used a tiny hex driver to get the wreath off.
Finger Wood Flooring Thumb Soil

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
Boy those few icy blue Lowes Gemmy xmas wreath lights listed on their website have disappeared pretty quickly from their site. Still see a few of the red and green and these are probably the closest to the old Gemmy (or Home Depot Branded Home Accents Holiday version) solid spots you’ll find. As mentioned above a little hex wrench will remove the wreath for a more pleasing Halloween look. The website had those on pre-xmas sale for $11+ when I looked a few days ago. No shipping to home but local store pick up.

Product Organism Font Happy Logo

Today’s a pretty gloomy, cold winter day here but my Black Friday/Cyber Monday purchase from HalloweenCostumes just arrived to brighten the day…ordered two of my favorite Bad Boy that will eventually don our two exterior garage wall lights. Really nice big size too.

Jaw Sleeve Eyelash Automotive design Art

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
I'm on vacation in Orlando and there's a Dollar Tree near where I'm staying - so my souvenir from the trip is a whole mess of the $1 solar spotlights. They've been out of them where I live, so I'm very excited. I picked up twelve but I may go back for a few more.
Wow you got lucky to find them. While things do come back in stock over a few years’ period before being discontinued, no guarantees. From the recently opened location I got lucky to stumble upon back at end of August, I saw the few boxes they had were labeled “Spring” so that would be a good time to start looking again for any restock.

·
Registered
62 Posts
One of the main party supply chains here in Australia (Lombards) are having a 50% of Halloween sale, so I grabbed three new ground breakers, a clown (jack) in the box and a couple of tombstones - the groundbreakers need to hide behind something! ;)

BTW - I simply love that there's a place I can share Halloween news in January!

22781 - 22799 of 22799 Posts