Halloween Forum banner
22761 - 22780 of 22799 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Why do I have a feeling my package shipped through this distribution location. Article from 4 days ago.

“The US Postal Service’s giant distribution warehouse in Teterboro, NJ, has become a “black hole” for delayed and lost packages — and it’s slamming customers nationwide, The Post has learned…” (read the business and customer stories for yourself)

I hadn’t counted on a Black Hole!

If you are waiting for something from
that area and over due, maybe you’re package is in the Teterboro, NJ “Bermuda” triangle. Personally had I read this article first I would not have bought from this NJ seller. He just shipped today too.
Fingers crossed they’ll find it & get it to you. Earlier on in the pandemic I had a similar situation with a watch I purchased from a seller in NY on Mercari. After a week of weird tracking & it being stuck I called USPS & I think they put a tracer on it, found it & eventually it made its way to me. Frustrating nonetheless, but thankful it was located & ultimately delivered. Sending positive thoughts your way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
899 Posts
OK explain this. It’s 5pm PT here. Even if you add 3 hours for ET, that makes it 8pm ET in NJ. Today is the 19th. So where in the world did this notice get sent from that it’s tagged today at 10:30pm? Somewhere over the Atlantic?? 🧐😳 Maybe DeJoy is sending 1st class mail (told how it was being sent) via steamer ship from the Atlantic coast, thru the Pamama Canal and up the Pacific west coast to the SF Bay area. That might account for a 5 - day trip across country. Trying to find the humor in this and give you guys a laugh at the same time.
I wouldn't worry about it yet, if it just shipped. Maybe a glitch or mistake at this point. Out of the 50 or so orders we've placed recently, only one was canceled.

I hope your luck improves though and you get your masks soon.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Really???!!! 10 minutes ago I got this from USPS on my eBay mask delivery.
View attachment 755416
No idea what the heck that really means. Did a USPS truck overturn, plane go down, post office burn down, sorting equipment eat my package, earthquake or tornado hit the east coast…it’s coming from NJ. Nope checked weather for that area and looks fine so not weather related. Maybe DeJoy quit and workers and customers are all celebrating.
Somewhat similar to FedEx, but not quite. And with Deleivery date not availble pending.

Detroit was a black hole last Christmas and packages were getting thrown away.

·
Registered
Traditional and scary
49 Posts
3rd trip to Lowes this week, I really like the Ice Blue Christmas led spot lights.... View attachment 754558 View attachment 754557
Thanks for this! I wanted to add some blue to my lightning flashes. After seeing this post I stopped by Lowe's and picked one up. These aren't as bright but are more sensitive to the Perfect Storm than the 90W equivalent floods I'm using. I stuck it in between the two and it couldn't be any better if I'd planned it. On the less intense rumbles of thunder the blue flickers by itself, just enough to have some action going. When the loud claps of thunder hit the white floods flash along with the blue. really nice addition for $15.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Only found 1 blue spot from Lowes when there about 2 weeks ago. 1 doesn't do the trick & appears they aren't made like some of my older Gemmy spots were.

Finally got my Temptations Boofetti mugs from Lakeside Friday:
Tableware Drinkware Dishware Cup Serveware

And the new Lemax "Arch" & $3.99 CD from American Sale:

Wood Art Gas Sculpture Serveware

Building Rectangle Font Art House

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Got machine screws & nuts from Lowes that will hopefully fix my columns that never got put out last year. Checked & no blue lights left after I bought the last one last Friday. Was right by Big Lots today & didn't even go there. Didn't want to be depressed & see Christmas all set up.

BTW, not sure how those who bought the blue lights get that much color out of them unless you are very close. I put mine behind a tombstone to light my cemetery & skeletons & no where near as bright as the pictures on here show. I have to supplement or move it to a different prop.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Went to Spirit today to buy some cobwebs and bought a display! There is something seriously wrong with me. The guys are in there right now taking it apart! 100 bucks for the whole thing!
Leaf Brickwork Fixture Brick Building material

Attachments

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Yesterday with two days to spare FINALLY found the last four doll heads. A little disappointed these are prelit like the ones from Big Lots, but I’m sure I have some spare votives lying around I can use. Super happy to be able to finish off the last 4 baby lettuce for the witch farm. Grabbed some firewood for the fire pit so we can stay outside and see everything and everyone! Also grabbed a cheap Halloween plastic tablecloth for the treat table.

Also took advantage of a 20% off coupon from Big Lots and cleared out all their remaining Halloween candy. I did have to giggle. I go to check out and the gal says… are you getting ready for Halloween? Took every fiber of my being not to say nope, this is all for Easter! 😂

Shelf Mesh Pet supply Net Snout

·
Registered
218 Posts
please share pictures of how you end up using it.
I thought of the same thing but concern about weather. But tomorrow is looking promising. 🤔
Went to Spirit today to buy some cobwebs and bought a display! There is something seriously wrong with me. The guys are in there right now taking it apart! 100 bucks for the whole thing! View attachment 756131
I

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thank you for your post! I saw this post early today that I ran to HD myself to check out what they had. I ended up getting the same one but the display for $80!
love clearance… now on a haunt to see what else we can find before the big day!

Went to HD today and they had very few Halloween things left. Snagged 300 orange led lights for 50% off and this!

View attachment 756202

From $180 marked down to $90. Yay for Halloween clearance :LOL:

22761 - 22780 of 22799 Posts