Halloween Forum banner
22321 - 22340 of 22396 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Soooooo guess what I bought????? A witch's cottage among old hardwoods with a creek running beside the house. My hubby of 22 yrs decided my Halloween stuff had to go. So I decided he should go! My Season has always been a part of my soul which he has known. Now I have a place to call my own. My little nook. It is absolutely perfect. I can't wait to decorate my new home
Sorry about the circumstances but your place looks perfect as a witch's cottage. New is always an exciting start as far as decorating....possibilities look endless. I love being out in the country with lots of yard between houses...too bad those damn warehouses are moving closer & closer. Really don't want to give up my place at my age. Never expected to retire & finally get to enjoy the fruits but I'm holding off doing things because you never know. If someone told me I had to get rid of my stuff, I'd go find a cottage myself! Congrats & wish you the best.

Getting back on topic....not actually bought or found, nor was it today but I missed my 60th & 61st Birthday due to lockdowns & my Sisters & Bro-In-Laws came out in late March when we had some unusually warm weather & sat in the drive & "celebrated". They didn't want to hold on to presents for yet another year so got these for my Halloween Tree along with other stuff:

Also back awhile when Stock & Field closed (previously BigR) for anyone who is familiar, they had some Halloween stuff on clearance. 45 cents...paper straws, pumpkin leaf bags & flashing bat necklaces:

Bought several of the bats & going to hang them on my Halloween Tree as ornaments.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Grabbed these for a little static prop goodness. Thought at 7.99 the price was fair.

I bought the Grim Reaper 2 years ago & I love him for the money. Quirky & cute in my cemetery. Pretty well weighted also.

·
Registered
896 Posts
OH. HOLY. CRAP. So, I have been having a really rough week. Hubby went out earlier to buy some car parts, and when he came back he surprised me with this!! View attachment 746830
What a great Hubby & glad he did. Sis was told today that they are sold out & although she didn't ask, she said sounded like it wouldn't be on website either so if it is true that they really are only getting 1 per store as previously mentioned, it won't last long.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I bought the Grim Reaper 2 years ago & I love him for the money. Quirky & cute in my cemetery. Pretty well weighted also.
That’s great to here cause the reviews were iffy. Thank you! I’m not expecting much just a little fun in the graveyard. Now I gotta hunt down a tent! Wish me luck!

·
Registered
896 Posts
That’s great to here cause the reviews were iffy. Thank you! I’m not expecting much just a little fun in the graveyard. Now I gotta hunt down a tent! Wish me luck!
Good luck!!! For the money, I like him. Wouldn't say WOW but he's cheaper than a meal at McDonalds.

·
Registered
102 Posts
What a great Hubby & glad he did. Sis was told today that they are sold out & although she didn't ask, she said sounded like it wouldn't be on website either so if it is true that they really are only getting 1 per store as previously mentioned, it won't last long.
Thank you so much! He really is a great hubby. I'm very lucky. Oh wow. I'm so glad he got it when he did! I feel bad that other people that really want it might miss out though.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,369 Posts
I ordered the 12' HD skelly a few days ago, got this guy & these ToTer twins that talk to each other this AM. I would've bought those pumpkins sitting with him but they never showed up on the HD site.

I'm supposed to get The Twins tomorrow so I'll try to get them up & running to give a review.

I went to At Home today & they were still in the process of putting out Halloween but I did get a weird stalky eyeball plant that is at 3:16 in this vid. I also got a clear skull decanter & a couple of giant flowers to turn into a scary plant of some sort.

I then went to Michaels & bought a bunch of 70% off succulents & veggies to do more scary plants & veggies. I recall someone here stating they were doing a scary garden & I totally stole your idea. I was just happy to find some decent choices at Michaels because I wasn't ready to spend $20 on a fake cabbage but I'll glady spend $2 on small ones.

I also went to Lowes & bought some REAL cacti & succulents because my name is RogerClyneIsAGod & I'm a succulent/cacti hoarder & rescuer. I even liberated a few bits of other cacti & succulents into the clearance ones I bought. Then MIRACLE OF MIRACLES!! I went to Safeway & they were selling their summer cacti/succulent leftover combo pots that 75% off & just were dying so I bought 4 pots of those with a few extra bits here & there.

Like I said, I have a problem. ;)

Those combo pots are kinda awful because they never put compatible plants in them & the pots they were in were worth the $4 each I spent on them. They even had drainage holes in the bottom which is another thing that many stores screw up too, they'll put a cactus in a pot without drainage then overwater it.

I'll take all those plants out (over 20 total), separate them into proper sized pots for each plant & use the pots for some other plants.

·
Registered
742 Posts
RCIAG, I wanna see pics of your cacti/ succulent piece spread! My imagination is running wild! And I LOVE your twins!! Your setup will be amazing. It's hard for me to turn down cauldrons or scary pumpkins. We all have "problems" here. You are not alone!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just received this in the mail today. I ordered it from Raggedy Jan on Pfatt Marketplace. I'm not sure what I love more - the clock or this note she included with the shipping email:
Through wind and rain and dark of night
Your Halloween clock has taken flight
Dodging bats and ghosts and witches on brooms
It should arrive at your home very soon

How cute is that?
20210717_112449.jpg

·
Registered
316 Posts
Home Goods has stuff! Not a lot, but some. I picked up multiples of these 2 two plates this morning (full size plates, $4.99 each). According to the manager, their usual merchandise for this time of year is stuck in port, so the warehouses are sending what they have (Halloween) to keep the shelves from being empty. It felt like Christmas (you know what I mean) when I saw a little Halloween here and there in the store so early!

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,323 Posts
Like I said, I have a problem. ;)
Nice finds!

I've been able to successfully fight large Halloween purchases because I'm running out of room and hope to start back on the remodel this fall. However I find myself constantly buying/rescuing plants. I overwintered three geraniums, two coleus and a Persian shield in addition to my other houseplants. I managed to turn those plants into about 30 to fill my outside planters this year. I really have no idea just how many additional plants I've bought so far this year, but if I intend to keep one of each inside this winter I may be in trouble.

Reactions: Bobbiejo

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I caved and bought the big Home Depot snake today. It's a surprise for my DH & kids and I think they will be sufficiently creeped out by it. We live on a corner lot and it doesn't necessarily fit our front yard Halloween "themes", but it will be great to put a spotlight on it in the side yard. My son will probably like it best!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,369 Posts
I overwintered three geraniums, two coleus and a Persian shield in addition to my other houseplants. I managed to turn those plants into about 30 to fill my outside planters this year. I really have no idea just how many additional plants I've bought so far this year, but if I intend to keep one of each inside this winter I may be in trouble.
Thankfully the cacti & succulents are small & grow slowly so I can fit far too many inside but I'm running out of sunny places & I just don't wanna invest in grow lights because that's just too much for me to worry about.

I can't really do a lot of regular plants because I have 2 cats collectively known as The Furry Ruiner Brothers, Ziggy & Augie. Ziggy eats certain plants & together they get rips doing kitty parkour off of stuff & will knock plants over.Cacti & succulents that get knocked over won't get eaten nor will they die if they fall behind something & I don't get to them right away.

As it is with this gross weather I've had to bring in more than a few lately because some don't like the blasting hot heat & sun. I know that's hard to believe but it's true of some of them...googles..I'm terrible with their names....gasteria, some haworthia, those stupid Christmas cactuses (that I keep killing), & a few others can take shade & less heat but I generally start 'em out on the cement stoop in the afternoon heat & check 'em after a few hours.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I then went to Michaels & bought a bunch of 70% off succulents & veggies to do more scary plants & veggies. I recall someone here stating they were doing a scary garden & I totally stole your idea. I was just happy to find some decent choices at Michaels because I wasn't ready to spend $20 on a fake cabbage but I'll glady spend $2 on small ones.
Ha! You never know what purchase you post will help someone too! I am doing the witches farm this year and grabbed all 12 of the baby cabbage that Michael’s had cause I couldn’t craft them for what the clearance price was. I also got the tomatoes cause “killer tomatoes”! Be sure to share some pictures when you spookify your purchases. I’m still torn as to turning them into “baby cabbages” or something else.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Joann’s has a deal on unfinished wood signs and there’s a 25% coupon in the app for curbside so grabbed a few of these:

They should be perfect stained with some spooky farm crop names on them and the price was reasonable.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Home Goods has stuff! Not a lot, but some. I picked up multiples of these 2 two plates this morning (full size plates, $4.99 each). According to the manager, their usual merchandise for this time of year is stuck in port, so the warehouses are sending what they have (Halloween) to keep the shelves from being empty. It felt like Christmas (you know what I mean) when I saw a little Halloween here and there in the store so early!
View attachment 746890
I got those plates as well!! I love them!!

22321 - 22340 of 22396 Posts