Halloween Forum banner

22021 - 22040 of 22056 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Found a couple metal solvent containers in the dumpster at work today. Should be able to use them for something! Lab scene or hazardous waste containers. Even thought I don’t have either of those setups right now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,029 Posts
Zulily will be the death of our bank account. Some of this stuff I have, some is on its way. I have the scowling gourd bucket, the green gourd bucket, the Carruth statue of ToTers & the pumpkin canvas.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Zulily will be the death of our bank account. Some of this stuff I have, some is on its way. I have the scowling gourd bucket, the green gourd bucket, the Carruth statue of ToTers & the pumpkin canvas.

View attachment 740239 View attachment 740240 View attachment 740241 View attachment 740242 View attachment 740243 View attachment 740244 View attachment 740245 View attachment 740246 View attachment 740247 View attachment 740248
Awesome statue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Fairly certain @RCIAG keeps Zulily in business! Nice finds!

To my Midwestern haunters making candy bags, today is the last day for the 50% off up to five bags mobile coupon at Schnucks! Grabbed the chocolate bags for $6 and the sour candy bags for $3. Good deal! Time to start the goodie bag production line!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,029 Posts
I love that statue because it's fairly small, about 6" high but there's so much detail in his stuff.
Fairly certain @RCIAG keeps Zulily in business! Nice finds!
Yep, that's about right. I also just ordered some Mrs. Prindables apples from them too!! :LOL:

I love that statue because it's fairly small, about 6" high but there's so much detail in his stuff. There are tiny pieces of candy on the front but what you can't really see from the pic is that there's also tiny candy in the bags the ToTers are carrying. All of Carruth Studios stuff is like that, little details you don't or can't see until you see it in person. We have a couple things from them, one is Leap Frog & you can't see in the pic that there's all sorts of little lady bugs, snails & even smaller frogs all over it.

That particular ToTer sculpture was from 2006 & $26 from Zulily but it's $42 on the Carruth site (& that's not even with shipping).

Schnucks!
I don't know what kind of store this is but I LOVE the name!!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
@RCIAG Schnuck’s is a Midwestern grocery store chain based out of St. Louis. And yes, we might endearingly changed out the “n” for an “m” from time to time!!! 🤪

For what it’s worth, I love how much vintage stuff you find. It’s all great so thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Decided to paint few years old boring looking tombstones.

I actually bought it on eBay: direct_glow

Got a lot of paints left. So I decided to re-paint the skeleton.

Got bored of the tekky flying ghost so I decided to change it for something else.

I took out the foam head and thick metal wire (arms and hands) to lighten the weight of the prop.

--------------------------

I also bought a used spirit unknown phantom (purple color, child size m 7-8) costume to put on my second tekky flying ghost.

My orders from Amazon arrived today.

200 PCS (2 Designs per 100) Halloween Cookie Bags. I'm planning to put candies in them.
Ground stakes for blacklights.
2x 10W Blacklights - I'm surprised how small they are.

·
Registered
272 Posts

2x 10 FT Reuseable Spider Web

I don't have to cut holes.

I'm thinking about dyeing (neon) them.

Will put them on

·
Registered
14,130 Posts
Saw that Hobby Lobby had these sets of 15 LED white light strands for crafting that were battery operated. Was contemplating what kind of lights I had to use to illuminate my movie theater signs from Oriental Trading. Spotted these on the website that have 2 settings - always on or Twinkle — every other bulb is on or off and it rotates on/off every few seconds (“flashes” on or off maybe a better description of twinkle).

This twinkle function is not easily found on little light strands. These were not in the Christmas lighting but in the glass crafting part of the store. I have 3 signs and they had 3 packages left.:p Was going to buy just one to try out but didn’t want to press my luck coming back. They are orderable on their website. :alien: I think the animated lighting pattern will get them noticed for sure.

There are 45 “light bulbs” on OT’s sign; and if you start placing the LED bulbs beginning with the 2nd “bulb” on the sign and every third on from there, you will evenly space out the 15 light strand bulbs on the signage. OT’s movie sign is customizable and mine shipped out very quickly.

Packaging looks to be updated from website image above.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The pirate version came out back in 2018 and was available only at Cracker Barrel.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
272 Posts
Aww bummer, thanks for the info :)

-K
Check this out

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Just a quick post for anyone hopping on the alien theme this year! While at my Walgreens today I saw this guy and when you press his button he makes alien noises. Price was $24.99. I didn’t grab him but also hadn’t seen him in other stores.

·
Registered
140 Posts

My orders from Amazon arrived today.

200 PCS (2 Designs per 100) Halloween Cookie Bags. I'm planning to put candies in them.
Ground stakes for blacklights.
2x 10W Blacklights - I'm surprised how small they are.

How do you like those black lights? I've been thinking of adding a few to our spider web area of the yard to highlight the web. First ones I tried were 50W and ran way too hot to leave outdoors on the grass where we have flammable fallen leaves. Wondering if these would be bright enough.

22021 - 22040 of 22056 Posts