Halloween Forum banner

21881 - 21900 of 21961 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Now this is a purchase I’m really excited about. A 1931 cathedral radio replica. I‘m probably going to stain it black to go with my vintage halloween decor. I can’t wait to blast my old time halloween jazz through it.
View attachment 736736
I love Halloween jazz from tbe 20s and 30s. What are some of your favorites? That is a super cool radio to play it on.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Gorgeous piece! That style is always so elegant.
It's even better stained black. I did a mock up in gimp and I love it even more. When the radio plays the speakers have a yellow glow apparently which will probably look even better.

I love Halloween jazz from tbe 20s and 30s. What are some of your favorites? That is a super cool radio to play it on.
My all time favourite songs are jeepers creepers and the headless horseman. Bing Crosby's version is my favourite. I watch Disney's Legend of Sleepy Hollow every year. I recently found a youtube channel that's all halloween jazz and I've been listening to Spooks by Louis Armstrong on repeat.

·
Registered
686 Posts
All I've bought so far were string lights, because a few of mine were not working. I got orange and purple lights at Big Lots by me.

I plan to do more of my shopping soon. :)

Reactions: Meadow

·
Registered
250 Posts
Purchased the Evil Tree of Knowledge Wall Sculpture from Design Toscano, along with leafy garland, a color-changing spotlight, and faux flame bulbs. This will be the first year we're doing anything at all significant outside. Hopefully it will look the way I have it pictured in my mind.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
My all time favourite songs are jeepers creepers and the headless horseman. Bing Crosby's version is my favourite. I watch Disney's Legend of Sleepy Hollow every year. I recently found a youtube channel that's all halloween jazz and I've been listening to Spooks by Louis Armstrong on repeat.
I'm actually more a fan of Kay Starr for Headless Horseman.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Bought this hat Friday from local place, Alsip Nursery. Pix does it no justice, very sparkly & eyes look like Swarovski crystals:

Also had purple option with skelly hands & black/silver with spider. (I know there are quite a few from Illinois but figured not enough near Frankfort to warrant all the crappy pix I took & this place is pretty over-priced unless on sale). Had a few Karen Didion items & some cool lighted branches, which were pretty heavy duty but not worth $49.99.

Yesterday....
Pick up from Kohls:

Soul Bottle from Party City:

Potion Bottles from Walgreens:

Dollar Tree:

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi, I am interested in knowing what youtube channel for Halloween Jazz you listen to please? I find you mentioning that, is one of the best posts I have seen recently. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Went to Home Depot this morning and got both flaming pumpkins, corpsed skeleton and a couple of metal staked tombstones. I was hoping to see the 12 ft skeleton in person but they didnt have one. They did have the jack in the box - creepiest thing I have ever seen!

21881 - 21900 of 21961 Posts