Halloween Forum banner

21441 - 21460 of 21464 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Halloween depressed me so I disappeared for awhile. Ended up finding these after Halloween things:
At Walmart:
Battery operated rope lights (they are very bright), flame bulbs in Christmas Dept way cheaper than Menards & Haunted doorbell:
IMG_2365.JPG IMG_2368.JPG

Went to a Christmas Open House at Alsip Nursery & while waiting on Sis, found they crammed some Halloween stuff back in a corner & walked out with these:
IMG_2367.JPG IMG_2359.JPG IMG_2363.JPG

The Flicker Fright Lights are pretty cool...they random twinkle....just over $4 but were originally ridiculously high. Skull was originally $99.99 but think I paid $45 for him.

Same day but different Open House, bought this ornament which will be used both for Halloween & Christmas:
IMG_2375.JPG

Also bought this Jack Skellington Ring off Groupon just before Christmas:
IMG_2445.JPG

·
Registered
332 Posts
My bride and I decided to brave the MONSOON weather in Indy in January and went to the Indianapolis Garage Sale the State Fair Grounds. Its a HUGE swap meet type setting they have every year but we have not gone for awhile. As usual the Halloween themed items were lacking but I was looking for prop making materials. Saw this and thought is was plastic at first. Turned out to be Stainless Steel and was used for cream separation. I have to think someone before me had the same idea of what to do. It even has a hole already in the bottom. Paid $15 after some haggling. Otherwise everything was way overpriced so not really a Garage Sale ! 😁

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,872 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,872 Posts
I'm a little bummed. He was missing one pole so he doesn't stand as tall as he should, and his top hat was replaced with a fedora 😒. He needs some love. I still bought him, but he needs work.
He's still pretty nifty and the fedora is going to give him a different (unique) look!

But you can always find a top hat for cheap at the dollar stores (if you have 99¢ Only stores especially) when they start stocking Halloween, but also keep an eye out on St. Patrick's day hats in the cheapy stores like Dollar Tree and Big Lots...

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,872 Posts
A friend gave me this radio / speaker combo. Its an Atwater Kent from 1927 . I have a small collections of radios but think I may add this to my Mad Scientist lab. Anybody have any thoughts ?

View attachment 727739 View attachment 727740
That is so amazing and a wonderful score!!

DEFINITELY add it to your mad scientist display... it is such a unique piece.

21441 - 21460 of 21464 Posts