Halloween Forum banner

21401 - 21420 of 21428 Posts

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
@kristinms8 I love the Skeleton guy. How tall is he, seems pretty tall? And it looks like that's a clearance red tag on him. Curious what you got him for. He's definitely a keeper, so nice find! I have more than enough indoor decor and haven't shopped HG or TJMaxx for the holidays in a few years...because you can always find great items in there and it can get too tempting ;). LOL.

·
Registered
166 Posts
@kristinms8 I love the Skeleton guy. How tall is he, seems pretty tall? And it looks like that's a clearance red tag on him. Curious what you got him for. He's definitely a keeper, so nice find! I have more than enough indoor decor and haven't shopped HG or TJMaxx for the holidays in a few years...because you can always find great items in there and it can get too tempting ;). LOL.
He is approximately 45” tall and was originally $169 but I got him for $89. And you are quite right it can be dangerous to shop there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I got so lucky today!!!!! Went to Home Goods in Santa Clara, CA and they had some items I’d been admiring but holding off on until after Halloween. I’ve actually been hoping to get the skeleton for a couple years but usually he sells out quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The red dress on the skeleton couple looks almost exactly like a gown one of my little TOTs was wearing. She couldn't have been much more than 5 yo. old and she was a vampire. A pretty dang cute one that is for sure.

Nice finds BTW.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,809 Posts
Okay, not the right site for the first find, but I'm getting into blowmolds a bit and just found the cutest tiny Santa sleigh Empire blowmold stamped 1970 on the bottom. It's supposed to have two tiny reindeer but most of the stuff I can find on it show them missing and it's really cute just as it is.

So sorry for mentioning the OTHER holiday. :eek:

I'm kind of torn on my latest find. I mean, it's awesome but I also don't collect these things and I don't know if I want to keep it since it will take up so much space if I do start collecting.... but it was soo cool looking and I just couldn't LEAVE it there, right?

In any case, found a Lemax Spooky Town Lilith's Creepy Doll Menagerie (2016). Everything in great condition, all the inserts even still in the box, works great. Only issue is it's missing the tiny little "Got Dolls" sign that hangs off a little side post near the picture window with the three dollies in it. Even has the tiny bats on the roof peaks (seem to be easy to break in the stuff I read).

Not my photos, but this is the exact one including box type.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Okay, not the right site for the first find, but I'm getting into blowmolds a bit and just found the cutest tiny Santa sleigh Empire blowmold stamped 1970 on the bottom. It's supposed to have two tiny reindeer but most of the stuff I can find on it show them missing and it's really cute just as it is.

I'm kind of torn on my latest find. I mean, it's awesome but I also don't collect these things and I don't know if I want to keep it since it will take up so much space if I do start collecting.... but it was soo cool looking and I just couldn't LEAVE it there, right?

In any case, found a Lemax Spooky Town Lilith's Creepy Doll Menagerie (2016). Everything in great condition, all the inserts even still in the box, works great. Only issue is it's missing the tiny little "Got Dolls" sign that hangs off a little side post near the picture window with the three dollies in it. Even has the tiny bats on the roof peaks (seem to be easy to break in the stuff I read).

View attachment 725948 View attachment 725949
yeah I only collect dept56 as they seem to hold value... and I only buy when I find them on clearance. Tough but does happen as I am not willing to pay $80-$189 per item!!!!!

but we also have very wide window sills that we put them on... like 24x18, etc...

good find none the less...

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,441 Posts

I have the one you're talking about & mine doesn't have the reindeer either but it's still cute without them. I got mine pretty cheaply because most of the paint had faded & I had to repaint it.

Is this it? Not mine just a randoms pic off the internet:

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,809 Posts
I have the one you're talking about & mine doesn't have the reindeer either but it's still cute without them. I got mine pretty cheaply because most of the paint had faded & I had to repaint it.

Is this it? Not mine just a randoms pic off the internet:
View attachment 726166
View attachment 726165
That's the one! It's really cute even without the reindeer. The one I got has decent paint still, just a bit dirty and needs a nice wash. And I love it's little like for a mantel as it's easier to store.

yeah I only collect dept56 as they seem to hold value... and I only buy when I find them on clearance. Tough but does happen as I am not willing to pay $80-$189 per item!!!!!

but we also have very wide window sills that we put them on... like 24x18, etc...

good find none the less...
I got Lilith's Doll shop for $20! I wondered if I was dumb for spending that much, but seems like a good deal now. :) I may pass it along tho if I can't figure out a good place for it.

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
946 Posts
Got the Skeleton DJ Display from Target at 70% off. It was a good deal but I was kind of annoyed that it wasnt discounted further bc it was the display model...like everything new in box was 70 so I kind of feel like the display should be less...just me whining really lol. Hes pretty awesome! We are big EDM fans and have a studio in our basement, he may stay up all year !

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hobby Lobby still had some items so grabbed 5 boxes of light up eyes. Regular price 21.99 each and got them for 2.60 each. I’m going to need more trees 🌲 🌲 👀 🌲 🌲

View attachment 726455
I'm so incredibly jealous of your find! These have been a staple element for my Halloween decorating for years! Great price too. My HL didn't stock these at all, really more harvest than Halloween.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

View attachment 725948 View attachment 725949
I love that village piece !! Very cute, I say keep it. I wouldn't think twice, the santa is great too, I'm in christmas mode , I think we can appreciate both holidays.

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
I'm so incredibly jealous of your find! These have been a staple element for my Halloween decorating for years! Great price too. My HL didn't stock these at all, really more harvest than Halloween.
I see them up on HL's website now on sale but for $4.40 each.

I really had hoped to be done buying things for halloween but decided to buy this backdrop for a photo op for my dino theme. 10x7' and should be enough for at least two ToTers if not more to get in the scene and appear to be photo'd screaming and looking like running from the T-Rex chasing them. Hope it's a nice parting scene for the kids to enjoy.

I also found one of the B.C. Bones 3D wooden puzzle Pteranadon for like $10 and free ship through Prime. Too cool to pass up given he has a 58" wing span. They no longer make these from what I can discern. He was the small version, with the large version with a 100" wing span. Now that 8' version would be amazing to display but doubt I have the room.

·
Registered
20 Posts
where u find the backdrop? my son woild love to have that on his wall!!!! dino freak!!!

big lots had stuff still. nothing i wanted but they have 5 of the unicorns left. I paid $25 @50% off... they are 75% off now so like $12ish each... i may have to go back lol...

gonna hit hobby lobby on way to mma in a bit.

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
where u find the backdrop? my son woild love to have that on his wall!!!! dino freak!!!

Yes, ordered it off Amazon but Ebay will have sellers as well. There were three main Amazon sellers of this design on backdrop material (thin vinyl): AOFOTO OFILA and Yeele. Came in various sizes and there were different dino images so your son might want to look through them for his favorite. I went with the AOFOTO listing since I want the 10x7' size for my setting and they had it. I think all seemed to ship from China (although Amazon doesn't tell you this but sometimes you can deduce this). I think I searched by "T-Rex backdrop" "Dinosaur backdrop" might give you more choices.

My AOFOTO one has shipped and right now processing through Wuhan, China. It's going through China Post which you can track by using USPS and entering in your China Post tracking number.

I have seen this same design and others sold on Ebay as a wallpaper mural, removable (decal) and traditional paper that needs wallpaper paste, sold on Etsy too . Here's a seller on Etsy to give you an example. The wallpaper route will be much more expensive but meant to be mounted to walls as opposed to a photo backdrop. I'd search by "T-Rex wallpaper" if you are looking for that. I bought an Etsy wall decal for a Creature from the Black Lagoon porthole I was doing one year and the decal can be kind of tricky to adhere so you get a smooth image with no bubbles. I've done traditional wallpapering and think doing a whole wall would be easier going that route. That aside here's a totally immersive wallpaper application to a room, dinos on the wall and pterosaurs on the ceiling! https://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-Jurassic-Forest-T-Rex-Fight-Wall-Murals-Wallpaper-Paper-Art-Decor/172772087312

So nice to have so many choices like this for dinosaurs.

If the weather is still nice here in California when my backdrop arrives I'll try to mount the top to pvc and hang from our roof eaves and post a photo and give you my feedback.

21401 - 21420 of 21428 Posts