Halloween Forum banner

21381 - 21400 of 21428 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,441 Posts
I will. I did Georgie, the balloon & boat in 2017 but no Pennywise. I figured since part 2 has come out it's time to bring them back with Pennywise added.

I wish I'd taken pics back then because I don't remember how I did Georgie. I think I took apart one of those Lakeside Collection ToTers & used that as a head & body. I think.

I also have one of those corner-hiding kids but its in an Easter Bunny suit but I don't think that will be a problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Home Depot started their 50% off so nabbed this guy. One can never have too many wolves right?

I bought the floor model. All the boxes were sold out! :oops: I love mine! :love: But I removed two of his leg pieces so he's about 13 inches shorter.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got my Oriental Trading mermaid skelly in the mail today -- I haven't bought anything from them this year so they sent me a $20 gift card. She ended up being less than $50 with free shipping! It pays to procrastinate sometimes. I've got her at the dining room table for now, and she'll go in my haunted carnival part of my yard for Halloween night.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,441 Posts
Ugh, Georgie & Pennywise may have to be reconfigured since we're expecting rain on Halloween. I don't want the Pennywise mask IN the culvert if it's going to be full of water. I might end up putting the mask on the figure instead.

Georgie was outside the culvert last time anyway so that would work. Now it's just a wait & see with the weather.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Lol they do!!! They were past there prime so we made good use out of them. It was awesome! And I'm still looking for more goodies. Evidently I bought a Wicked Witch costume from Victoria Trading Co and another skelly from Joannes!
I bought a Wicked Witch costume from them too and had to cancel all of my plans for my annual coven party due to having to fight my mother into memory care. This has been the worst year of my life. Maybe I can wear my costume next year in a new city and state? Cast a spell that I can.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I bought a Wicked Witch costume from them too and had to cancel all of my plans for my annual coven party due to having to fight my mother into memory care. This has been the worst year of my life. Maybe I can wear my costume next year in a new city and state? Cast a spell that I can.
Hang in there- sending you positive thoughts that it will get better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went to Lowes, Home Depot, and Walmart today and only Walmart had anything left, except for a few inflatables at HD that I'm not interested in, so today was a bust, although I am following the HD sale online. There may yet be another standing animated prop in my future. ;)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Awwww! I'm so sorry you're fighting those demons. It's so hard watching the ones that raised us grow weaker. The wheel will continue to turn and your year will get better. As for the witch costume, it will never go out of style! I was impressed with how good it looks and the ridiculously cheap price I got mine for was well worth it. You can also have your coven party at ANY time of year. I will most definitely include you in my prayers at my Samhain festival too.

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
I stopped in Walmart this morning. I only had one shower curtain we've used before for projections and when I do get to do my haunted dino park I'll need at least two more so went looking for my old staple. Walmart's changed the shower curtain a bit, different material, and this new one (Mainstays PEVA Medium Weight White Shower Liner - under $5) seems to be about the same weight as the old one. Hopefully works just as well.

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
Just got email from my ebay seller of the Pirate ship wheel saying when they got the item it was defective and they contact them for a replacement but they said they didn't have any more stock and had no ETA if it would be restocked...so they cancelled my purchase. I wrote back saying let me decide if the defect is objectionable and please send photo/s. We've all lived with some damaged props. Will be interested how they respond.

Anyone else ever have this happen to them on ebay?

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
Well not giving up on my dino theme despite it not happening this year, I found this mask that I'll use as a scare near the end of the walkthru. Would have loved to have one of those animatronic "live" dinosaurs make an appearance but guess this will have to do. Think it will catch some people off guard as they walk past and it comes out from the pathway's hidden side area. Since my dino park has a DNA Lab in addition to dino skeletons, fossil exhibits and "live" projections, I'm thinking, while discussing the lab and showing off some Dominican amber and bringing up the amber extraction work, of using a back story of a lab assistant having accidentally injected himself with some of the t-rex DNA recovered from amber. That should lay the ground work for the half man/half t-rex guy at the Park. What do you guys think?

It's a Mario Chiodo mask design. I just love his work.

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
I like your little crocodiles @JesterJeff! Hadn't seen those. Where did you get them from?

BTW I went to Spirit Halloween when the opened since I was out already and curious what they had. So glad I bought one of the shark skeleton heads they had weeks ago. Really wanted one and use my 20% coupon on it but had considered on waiting until Day after. All their skeleton creatures today were pretty much sold out already so I would have been disappointed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like your little crocodiles @JesterJeff! Hadn't seen those. Where did you get them from?

BTW I went to Spirit Halloween when the opened since I was out already and curious what they had. So glad I bought one of the shark skeleton heads they had weeks ago. Really wanted one and use my 20% coupon on it but had considered on waiting until Day after. All their skeleton creatures today were pretty much sold out already so I would have been disappointed.
everything in that pic is Walgreens. everything else Big Lots

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
My T-Rex mask arrived today and is really great. Love the coloring of it and just over all look. I also like that it's made of a hard plastic and fabric and not latex. Will last longer and no one will be affected by latex...like me...I can smell it and even get a "taste" of it on my tongue. I saw that Jurassic World has some T-Rex hand gloves but because they are latex have held off buying any. If my scare is half man/half T-Rex I suppose he could have human hands.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Got me 7 faux JOLs, two hanging grim reapers and one hanging girl ghost from Home Depot. I also have an animated jumping spider, an animated gargoyle, some zombie hand lawn stakes and an extra large cauldron being brought to me this Christmas by a friend who will be coming back to visit their folks. I had them get them for me from a Halloween store where they are currently living. I am most excited about the spider. I have been wanting one ever since I saw the one Home Depot had about 4-5 years ago.

21381 - 21400 of 21428 Posts