Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22359 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This last week, I got a few new decorations and was very proud of them. My newest finds include:

Dead Eye Drake from Craigslist
YouTube- Dead eye Drake the animatronic pirate SOLD

A three dancing skeleton light set from Craigslist

Animated metal light up penguin from a garage sale (which I can put a white sheet on and make a moving, glowing ghost out of)

And finally..... Pumpkin seeds!

So what did you just find?

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
so how much did you pay for your pirate? he's very cool. and your penquin is real luck. i never would have thought of putting a sheet over it. that will be cute. and the penquin can be used for christmas as well. you got some very nice decorations there. you going to post a pic of the skelies?

·
Registered
222 Posts
$50 for the pirate is a real steal! Great buy on CL. I've pretty much given up on Craig's due to no luck with haunt items- only troll it occasionally.

Not sure if this is a find or a buy, but what yard haunter wouldn't want a Lowe's gift card for Mother's Day? Just got one from my baby sister. She knows me so well :D Now I can go on the weekend for that rebar & pvc I need to start figuring out how to rig the floating ghosts in the yard so they really look to be floating. Thanks, Sis!

Reactions: SpookyBethesda

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
Drake the pirate--Nice find!

Not sure if this is a find or a buy, but what yard haunter wouldn't want a Lowe's gift card for Mother's Day? Just got one from my baby sister. She knows me so well :D Now I can go on the weekend for that rebar & pvc I need to start figuring out how to rig the floating ghosts in the yard so they really look to be floating. Thanks, Sis!
What a great way to spend Mother's Day!
Early Happy Mother's Day to all those yard haunter mommies!
(Special audio Mother's Day greeting--Mouth of Madness)

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I bought a projector for 99 bucks. Will get it around May 15th sometime around there. Going to cheat off of Mr. Chicken and make his Cystal ball prop.

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
It's been a good couple of days for me! I bought a terrific five foot high vintage scythe that scares the heck out of me just looking at it (and which reminds me I need a tetanus booster shot and the phone number of a metalsmith who can dull the blade).

I also bought a latex corpse/mummy prop for a song from someone who runs an amazing home haunt with an eye toward going pro. She was so friendly and encouraging while we swapped plans and I drooled over her amazing collection. I couldn't have had a better time!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
sid, i have a garden owl like that. i put it in a tree one year and it scared the heck out of my neighbor lady. she said she came out and caught a glimpse of it and froze. she is terrified of owls. after a few moments she realized it wasn't real. for a couple of days no squirrels would go in that tree. when they realized it wasn't real, they would push it out of the tree. now i just use it in my haunt. $50.00 for that pirate is sweet.
blue frog, that is a cool mummy. i've never seen one like that before. i love his hands.
deathtouch, looks like a nice projector. i wouldn't know what to do with one.

G

·
Today was another yard sale day for me!! I saw lots of Halloween stuff but mostly indoor goodies. I did get 2 new blowmolds a snowman and an angel for Christmas at 3.00 each. I also picked up a few really old dietz oil lanterns for my reaper and my grounds keeper to hold. They were also a steal at 2.00.

Here they both are:

Here is the pink one after a paint job :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
i got some bags of spanish moss and brick size pieces of foam for 10 cents each (I blew a whopping $5) for enough blocks to make a 'well' and enough moss to make swamp thing jealous.

·
Super Moderator
5,879 Posts
I bought a DSLR camera.

Mine broke 2 years ago, and I've been rather frustrated with the inability of point and shoots we had to get good pics since then.

The down side is it was a tradeoff, in that I'll have to delay some projects...but, for $200 for one that can use the $1000+ in lenses I already have, I couldn't pass on it.

G

·
Wow I love the pirate by the way!! MotelSixx you have to post a pic of the foam I am curious to see your find.

Hallo sounds like you scored again and I love the owl. I have been looking for one of those.

Here is the Reapers Lantern I finished it and now it will stay in my haunted garden until Halloween.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
so is the snowman different than the other snowman you have. you got real lucky finding that angel
oh, and the lanterns are nice too

G

·
Yes its a different snowman then my other one I showed you. Today I got a box full of strobe lights and 3 more blowmolds all for 5.00

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
A quick visit to a resale store to look at the tux they have in the window (which I want very much, and hope it will still be there when I have the $$ to purchase it) turned up six small flower containers of the type placed along grave sites for 25 cents each, a nice ?candleholder that I'm going to repurpose as a gem holder for $1, and a silver goblet for $2. Not a bad haul given that I didn't expect to find anything besides the tux at this particular shop.

1 - 20 of 22359 Posts