Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21172 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This last week, I got a few new decorations and was very proud of them. My newest finds include:

Dead Eye Drake from Craigslist
YouTube- Dead eye Drake the animatronic pirate SOLD

A three dancing skeleton light set from Craigslist

Animated metal light up penguin from a garage sale (which I can put a white sheet on and make a moving, glowing ghost out of)

And finally..... Pumpkin seeds!

So what did you just find?

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
so how much did you pay for your pirate? he's very cool. and your penquin is real luck. i never would have thought of putting a sheet over it. that will be cute. and the penquin can be used for christmas as well. you got some very nice decorations there. you going to post a pic of the skelies?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have Drake too and love him. How the heck do so many people find these cool things on CL ? I search under Halloween decor and find nothing but candles and baby costumes. I've tried animated props and never found anything. The same with garage sales. Ok so whats the secret password to finding something cool.......;)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I paid $50 for Drake. The jaw stays open when sound comes from him and there is a crack in the skull. I'm going to attempt to fix him.

I just got a plastic garden owl for free thanks to CL again:

And a free mini LED flashlight from Freight Hardware store

Go me!

·
Registered
222 Posts
$50 for the pirate is a real steal! Great buy on CL. I've pretty much given up on Craig's due to no luck with haunt items- only troll it occasionally.

Not sure if this is a find or a buy, but what yard haunter wouldn't want a Lowe's gift card for Mother's Day? Just got one from my baby sister. She knows me so well :D Now I can go on the weekend for that rebar & pvc I need to start figuring out how to rig the floating ghosts in the yard so they really look to be floating. Thanks, Sis!

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
Drake the pirate--Nice find!

Not sure if this is a find or a buy, but what yard haunter wouldn't want a Lowe's gift card for Mother's Day? Just got one from my baby sister. She knows me so well :D Now I can go on the weekend for that rebar & pvc I need to start figuring out how to rig the floating ghosts in the yard so they really look to be floating. Thanks, Sis!
What a great way to spend Mother's Day!
Early Happy Mother's Day to all those yard haunter mommies!
(Special audio Mother's Day greeting--Mouth of Madness)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I bought a projector for 99 bucks. Will get it around May 15th sometime around there. Going to cheat off of Mr. Chicken and make his Cystal ball prop.

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
It's been a good couple of days for me! I bought a terrific five foot high vintage scythe that scares the heck out of me just looking at it (and which reminds me I need a tetanus booster shot and the phone number of a metalsmith who can dull the blade).

I also bought a latex corpse/mummy prop for a song from someone who runs an amazing home haunt with an eye toward going pro. She was so friendly and encouraging while we swapped plans and I drooled over her amazing collection. I couldn't have had a better time!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
sid, i have a garden owl like that. i put it in a tree one year and it scared the heck out of my neighbor lady. she said she came out and caught a glimpse of it and froze. she is terrified of owls. after a few moments she realized it wasn't real. for a couple of days no squirrels would go in that tree. when they realized it wasn't real, they would push it out of the tree. now i just use it in my haunt. $50.00 for that pirate is sweet.
blue frog, that is a cool mummy. i've never seen one like that before. i love his hands.
deathtouch, looks like a nice projector. i wouldn't know what to do with one.

F

·
0 Posts
Today was another yard sale day for me!! I saw lots of Halloween stuff but mostly indoor goodies. I did get 2 new blowmolds a snowman and an angel for Christmas at 3.00 each. I also picked up a few really old dietz oil lanterns for my reaper and my grounds keeper to hold. They were also a steal at 2.00.

Here they both are:

Here is the pink one after a paint job :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
i got some bags of spanish moss and brick size pieces of foam for 10 cents each (I blew a whopping $5) for enough blocks to make a 'well' and enough moss to make swamp thing jealous.

·
Super Moderator
5,579 Posts
I bought a DSLR camera.

Mine broke 2 years ago, and I've been rather frustrated with the inability of point and shoots we had to get good pics since then.

The down side is it was a tradeoff, in that I'll have to delay some projects...but, for $200 for one that can use the $1000+ in lenses I already have, I couldn't pass on it.

F

·
0 Posts
Wow I love the pirate by the way!! MotelSixx you have to post a pic of the foam I am curious to see your find.

Hallo sounds like you scored again and I love the owl. I have been looking for one of those.

Here is the Reapers Lantern I finished it and now it will stay in my haunted garden until Halloween.

F

·
0 Posts
Yes its a different snowman then my other one I showed you. Today I got a box full of strobe lights and 3 more blowmolds all for 5.00

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
A quick visit to a resale store to look at the tux they have in the window (which I want very much, and hope it will still be there when I have the $$ to purchase it) turned up six small flower containers of the type placed along grave sites for 25 cents each, a nice ?candleholder that I'm going to repurpose as a gem holder for $1, and a silver goblet for $2. Not a bad haul given that I didn't expect to find anything besides the tux at this particular shop.

1 - 20 of 21172 Posts
About this Discussion
21.2K Replies
1.4K Participants
RCIAG
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing