Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What props did you build today? i'm making a bunch of tombstones to put around my naborhood that tells were and when the haunt is. I can't post a picture because it has my address. Please tell me what you have been making.

·
Registered
14,545 Posts
That's a great advertising ploy....as long as they don't get stolen. Make sure the you know the neighbor who's yard you'll post it in and see if they will keep an eye out for you. Love the idea. Maybe you could add lighting with some of those $1 solar rock lights from DT. As long as the sun can charge them you've got a lit billboard of sorts.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
I built the goddamned electric tealight from HELL :mad:

I almost didn't because I nearly stomped the blasted thing.

I have tealights that are built the old way - a little circuit board with LR44 battery clips, a flicker controller, and a standard red 3mm LED. Overall performance is pretty crappy, but hey, the flicker circuit isn't integrated into the LED. Surprising thing is, I bought it new last November and it isn't old stock.

Anyway, I convert them to battery packs and better and bigger LEDs, namely a 2AA battery pack and 5mm 35,000 mcd superbright white LED. Usually, it is an easy task to accomplish. But this one, the damned thing went wrong every step of the way. Every time I got the blasted thing back into the casing, A wire broke, or a soldered connection came lose, or the LED popped, or connections would flex into contact and short, and the first set of power connectors was wired backwards. Usually, it takes me about 10 minutes to do the conversion, but this pain in the can took me six hours, things went wrong so many times. Well, there was a meal break in the middle there, but still, it was a hella long and angry time.

Today, I was supposed to finish up about another 40 LED spotlights, plus a prototype for a 5v 18 LED 630,000 mcd floodlight that uses theatrical color gels.

But I know what I'm building tomorrow - the funeral trailer. Well parts of it anyway. To advertise my fundraiser haunt, we're putting a steel casket on a pedestal in a trailer, putting a waving skeleton in the coffin sitting upright, throwing in a sound system, and slapping some vehicle magnets on the sides and end of the coffin. The day of the event, it will get driven around the area, particularly at the area shopping malls, to hopefully drum up some extra guests.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts