Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I am having problems trying to figure out what color of light I should use on this spider.(photo below) Right now I am limited to the colored LED floods or LED party lights available at either Walmart or Home Depot or possibly red and orange Fire and Ice lights, or purple and red Fire and Ice lights.

I have tried a red LED flood and a red Fire and Ice light on it and it just seems to disappear with the red light even with the little bit of warm light that shines on it from the lamp post.

I want to start setting lights out tomorrow. I think I have all the other colors of lights figured out for the rest of the yard, but this darn spider has been a problem the past few years trying to figure out the best light for it.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,810 Posts
As the spider is mostly black, you're going to lose the definition if you don't use lighter colors. I'd suggest amber/orange or even a plain ol' white light, but place LOW and almost under the spider's legs/body, uplighting the body and get a blue or even one of the swirly lights and position it on that lampost over to the left and aim it downwards towards the spider.

May not work but I can see it in my head and maybe think it will work? :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would try them all..lol. Sometimes it takes some trial and error to see which light looks best on things. I bought some of the LED light bulbs last year, and the put off a good amount of light. I use them in clamp lights, you can buy them just about anywhere. A few years back Lowe's had some amazing led flood lights around Christmast time that worked out perfect. The only bad part is I didn't buy near enough and they no longer get them in.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A few years back Lowe's had some amazing led flood lights around Christmast time that worked out perfect. The only bad part is I didn't buy near enough and they no longer get them in.
It always seems to be the way. You find something that you like and when you go back for more they are gone and no longer being carried. It's like so many of the Fire and Ice lights. I bought a few on clearance after Halloween and the 4th of July at Home Depot a few years back and really liked how they looked in parts of my yard. Now that I would like to get more of them I can't find them again at least not in the color choices they had. I'm kicking myself for not buying more of them while they were on clearance, but I wasn't sure how they were going to look and didn't want to be stuck with something I didn't like or couldn't use.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It always seems to be the way. You find something that you like and when you go back for more they are gone and no longer being carried. It's like so many of the Fire and Ice lights. I bought a few on clearance after Halloween and the 4th of July at Home Depot a few years back and really liked how they looked in parts of my yard. Now that I would like to get more of them I can't find them again at least not in the color choices they had. I'm kicking myself for not buying more of them while they were on clearance, but I wasn't sure how they were going to look and didn't want to be stuck with something I didn't like or couldn't use.
These were the light here. They dropped them down to 75% off too. Wish I could find them for that price still.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These were the light here. They dropped them down to 75% off too. Wish I could find them for that price still.
Those look like cool lights. Fingers crossed they start carrying them again. I think manufacturers stop making things if they are not selling well. Often times though the reason they don't sell well is the prices. I'm sure that it probably cost a very small fraction of the retail cost to make them but they want as much money as they can get so they unreasonably up the cost to the retailers who then unreasonably up the price for us consumers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts