Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide what color eyes to use for my fcg. Blue and green are nice and calming, but red looks evil and menacing. I think I want my ghost to be more graceful than evil. So what do you all think? Do you prefer blue, green, or red? and why?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've switched back and forth with blue/white and red. I think I'm going to switch out my FCG's eyes to green?!.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Why not have all three colors? Buy an RGB LED.

Then you can swap and change depending on your mood :)

RGB LED's are just like a normal LED's but have more pins. Normally 4 pins, depending on what you connect, gives you the different colors. I use one here (not for halloween though) and they are very cool.

RGB LED's

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I was asking the same question last year and decided to go with No lights in the eyes, I am very happy with it that way!

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
I had LED lights in mine for the first 6 years I displayed it. First green, then blue, then even the RGB ones.
Last year I displayed it without LED eyes and I thought it looked a lot better and creepier that way!

·
Registered
82 Posts
No lights for us too....I think it looks "creepier." I used black eyeshadow/eyeliner to hollow out the eyes and emphasize the contours of the face (cheekbones/chin). The shadow worked great as I could blend it out if it looked too dark or add more to "deepen" the effect! I love the FCG...way cool!

·
Registered
910 Posts
KBD......your FCG ROCKS!!! great job. I went with the standard red led's but am thinking of either changing them out this year OR turning them off altogether. The jury is still out. I also purchased some "fat" Led's and am Thinking of experimenting there as well or using the "glow in the dark" "squishy" eyeballs and watching them react to UV light......

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks guys, but I can't take credit for building it. In fact, all I did was plunk down $150 to the guys at Kentucky Special FX. That being said, the FCG is great. That FCG in the picture is actually white and it glows like a light bulb at night. If anyone's in the market for a FCG check them out.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
I have red in mine, but there is no right or wrong color or way. They all look good to me just different. It's like asking what do you want on your hamburger? different strokes for different folks....or fcg's.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'll be leaving mine with no LED's at least for this year. I even like the idea of painting them black, might consider that.

KilledbyDeath, I agree with the others, your's looks great. I resized your picture for you if you'd like to make it smaller above.

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
Well as you can see from my avatar.........Christing my static FCG has green eyes and LOVE it like that! I love everyone's FCG's.

I say............go with your first initial gut feeling and you can't go wrong! :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'll be leaving mine with no LED's at least for this year. I even like the idea of painting them black, might consider that.

KilledbyDeath, I agree with the others, your's looks great. I resized your picture for you if you'd like to make it smaller above.[/

Thanks Mosh! Pardon my ignorance but can you explain how you resized the picture?

·
Registered
321 Posts

KilledbyDeath, I agree with the others, your's looks great. I resized your picture for you if you'd like to make it smaller above.[/

Thanks Mosh! Pardon my ignorance but can you explain how you resized the picture?
Sure, no problem.

To resize it I used a program called Corel Paintshop Pro. It's not the cheapest program but I have it for my work. (I'm not a graphics artist, just need to resize and retouch photos sometimes.) BUT there are free programs available that will let you resize photos as well. I can't remember the name of the one people on another site I'm on use, but I'll find it for you.

Also it can be done in Microsoft Powerpoint if you have it. It's a bit tedious, but not too difficult. Just get a blank template up, go to insert, picture from file, find the picture you'd like to work with, and click insert. Once it is in there you can grab the corners and make it whatever size you want it to be. Then Rightclick on it and click on Save as Picture. Give it a name and hit save. Like I said, it's a bit of a pain that way, but it works.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts