Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've got a 42" x 42" bathroom mirror and some smaller pieces of glass from old picture frames. I keep thinking I can do something with them, but I just don't know what.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
436 Posts
What about making one of those endless hallway illusions? I don't know how to make it. But I have seen a tutorial about it somewhere. I know it utilizes a mirror somehow.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Look on pinterest a man makes silo wets of body's and other things they look just like ghost. Very erie and creepy. Ur house is awesome by the way. Very talented

·
black light queen
2,606 Posts
you can turn the mirror into a 2 way mirror ... lightly sand the reflective coating on the back so that there are scratches on it ... don't sand it all off ... then put a prop behind the mirror ... and when you turn on a light behind the mirror, the prop appears ... the back of the modified mirror has to be enclosed and dark so that when a person looks into the mirror, it just looks like an old dirty mirror, but when the light comes on, illuminating the prop, its appearance should be a good surprise/shock? to the person looking into the mirror ... obviously, once you sand the reflective coating off the back, there is no going back

just my $0.02

btw, i've always wanted to do a bottomless pit, so this would be a gr8 size for it ...

amk

·
Registered
1 Posts
The two way mirror is a great idea, now using solvents and muriatic acid, you can remove the centre of the mirror and glue in some prop pictures, the process for this would be to use a paint thinner/remover from the back of the mirror, wearing gloves and being very careful you would apply a small amount of muriatic acid to a cloth and rub the silver from the glass, then wash the area very well with water removing the acid let dry and paste a picture behind the opening.

·
Registered
540 Posts
@Defenestrator -- So you throw things out windows?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts