Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is the page it was from. Lighthearted Holiday Display. Have they taken you ideas before?

Lighthearted Holiday Display

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
This is the page it was from. Lighthearted Holiday Display. Have they taken you ideas before?

Lighthearted Holiday Display
Oh when I said up there I knew the repainter... It was my attempt at humor and modesty. That IS my page. LOL
I'm glad you liked our Catrina. Thanks!! :D
Sorry about the confusion. (Although, there was another blowmold page, where the fellow had a bunch of my original repaints and started passsing them off as his own. Then he started copying a ton of stuff from my display. Which is fine, usually... except he wouldn't give credit. Not just to me, but to other people he copied from as well. He had so much of my stuff, many people did confuse our pages.
Anyhoo... thanks again. It made me smile to see your post. I love using that Mrs. Claus for other characters. I've done a bunch of other ones too for Halloween (and a few other holidays). I call them collectively the 'Featherstone Sisters'. LOL (Don Featherstone is the artist who made the Mrs. Claus).
:)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for explaing. I had heard there had been some problems with coping before. Well how do you like that? I liked your page, long before I know it was your page. It just goes to show I have good taste, and you have talent.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Thank you for explaing. I had heard there had been some problems with coping before. Well how do you like that? I liked your page, long before I know it was your page. It just goes to show I have good taste, and you have talent.
Well thank you! That is so sweet! :)

Oh about the copying... I copy stuff ALL the time. We all do. I always give credit when I know where the source is. I take inspiration from others, I hope I pass inspiration onto to others. That is the beautiful ebb and flow of our hobby. It's just when someone passes off someone else's original work as their own on forums or FB... that is wrong. There is no debate about it. Also, if you copy someone's display so much that folks don't know which is which. Well that is creepy. I sure would LOVE to have Terra Lair's whole display at my house... but I would get a severe buttkicking online if I copied it all and then tried to pass it off as my ideas. Rampant copying like that is... gross. LOL
By way of example... I just bought one of Kelloween's original items from her new etsy store... when it arrives, I think I'll post it on my FB page and let it ride that I did it. ;)
See?! Now that would be gross! hahaha
(I could only wish to have that much talent! :D )

Hey... let me go pull some pictures of the Featherstone sisters out and post them. That Mrs. Claus has endless possibilities...

We will let Hannibal Lecter be the judge of that first part...;)
Oh my!! :eek: hahahaha

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Here is another, alongside one of my favorites, Harry the Horny Elf:D

Those are all really nice redos, Hilda. I am just wondering why Frankenstein has his twin bound on the table (wanted in on some action with the Bride?);)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts