Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year, my husband and I went to a pumpkin patch with some friends. They had a wagon ride, a corn maze (we unintentionally made it waay more difficult than necessary), and plenty of kid-centered photo ops (we are all childless for now and getting to be in our middle twenties). Pre-picked pumpkins or a decent pumpkin patch to look through.
Each year we try to go to a haunted walk-through (the kind with lots of decor and people in costumes doing jump scares on you) as well. The location we visited last year was a haunted farm.

This year we visited an apple orchard, went on a wagon ride, and picked apples with the same friends as last year. At night, we did a haunted walk-through that had outdoor AND indoor options and then by the bonfire at the end.

Do you visit a pumpkin patch? Go on a haunted hay ride? Stake out a cemetery? What else do you do?

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
This year, we celebrated our first autumn as grandparents and we couldn't wait to start some traditions with the little guy so we all (me, husband, son, daughter in law, daughter, and son in law) took him to his first pumpkin farm with petting zoo, hayride, and corn maze. Of course, being only 10 months old, he really couldn't have cared less about any of it but we got some great pictures! :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
My main thing for years has been the Halloween Camp out the firsr 2 weeks in October. Keep saying I want to do one of the rides where you can shoot the Zombies with paint balls. Maybe next year we can do more with the grandkids since they are just 1 1/2 and 2 years old. But the1 1/2 year old is really into it already. Have a tradition with our one friend we camp with and go with her halloween shopping/looking and make a day of it. This year daughter and grandaughter came along and granddaughter had me keep on steppingon things over and over then she started doing it. She even like the stuff most people don't like the clowns.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
We do lots. Apple Cider Festival, Apple Butter Festival, pumpkin patch, corn maze, haunted houses, our cities Ghost Walk.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Usually we go to a pumpkin farm and corn maze a weekend or two ahead and at least one professional haunt with some of the scareactors from our haunt. This year scheduling/work messed up our weekends and likely only will do the haunt and get pumpkins at the local grocery store. Also we enjoy driving around and looking at decorations like we usually do for Christmas. It's great to see our area adding more each year!!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Don't really have time to do much else, although tonight we're going to hit a couple of local haunted houses so that ought to be fun. Used to do that every year but got out of the habit.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Sometimes we go to a halloween goth night, we are goths after all we just don't go clubbing much anymore. Sometimes we go to spooky old movies at the local art theater. Sometimes we don't really do anything.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Took the baby to a pumpkin patch and fall carnival last year. Missed it this year due to my work schedule.

I'm working this weekend, but mom and granny are taking her to several things this time. When I get home after work, I'll help take her out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts