Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! We have less than 3 months to go!

I would love to see what everyone is working on this summer, i'm getting antsy not making anything. PLEASE POST PICS!!! Sorry if this thread has already been started, feel free to redirect me :)

·
Seer of All
2,937 Posts
Well, I don't have any pics to post right now, but I am mostly working on a display for my western themed spooky town. I've started on my cemetery fence and have one section done but having a hard time getting motivated to finish it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Been a pretty busy week here.

Finished up my new tombstone that I had to have after watching Nightmare Before Christmas today.

Finally got back to my motion sensor activated coffin grabber now that the tombstone is done. The coffin is mostly done and I've got the mechanics set up the way I want them.. now it's time to dress it all up and button the beast up.

Besides that I'm still carving pumpkins but for my wedding. It never ends...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Another dolly, and 2 gravediggers.

Currently I'm working on my costume. Next, it'll be PVC candles and a groundbreaker toe pincher. After that, I have cemetery pillars to monster mud and paint. :) BUSY!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks, TKC. My Reaper is a PVC body mounted to a wood base. I made a ribcage out of rolled up newspaper, duct tape, and mache and his head is a strip mache copy of a Bucky skull. The robe I made. And his exposed hand is an old Bucky hand. He was my first "Big" prop!

·
Registered
725 Posts
I built this last week. Calling him Count Pumpkula

I am about 95% done with my walk through rope fence. About 30 foam skulls on PVC pipes which I will run rope through.

Tonight I cut up 2 x 4's for the boxes for the big scream tv genie affect.

In the process of laying out weed guard walls for inside the garage.

Also looking to start making some PVC armatures as I plan to add another half dozen dummies to the display this year

Finally been hunting down old pallets to create coffins or fencing. Got alot pulled apart, but not enough of one type of wood to really do anything with.

To say the least I am starting to feel the preassure and I havnt even pulled out the halloween boxes to see what else needs to happen!

·
Registered
128 Posts
im working on my hearse still
I got the lights wired up and the curtains up.

Tomorrow im heading out to buy wood for my coffin for inside the hearse and ill throw in the motor for the opening and closing of the lid.

·
Registered
13,632 Posts
Wow nice stuff you guys! Really love it all. Its really nice to see original ideas. I've still been in the "collecting" phase and each day that countdown clock loses a day I keep remembering last year when I regretted not completing things.

·
Magic Man (Taken)
725 Posts
Have been in the planning stage and blueprinting props to build. Also, remodeling the store. Last night I drove past the HS dumpster and there was this pile of shipping crates. I think for file cabinets. So, at 1:30 this morning I am loading these crates into my truck and bringing them home. Spent most of the day pulling staples out of the boards, aided by much swearing when blood flowed.. For all the blood, it was just a small puncture. The thought that my garage had turned evil did pass thru my mind, if only for a sec. Then I realized it was carelessness. So, now I have enough wood to make my toe-pincher that I have been wanting for the past two ears. And it will be light too.

Will post pictures when I get it done,

blood and all.... LOL

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Well at least all of you so far are working on really cool fun stuff. Me, I'm stuck designing invitations, and designing gravestones for the last 3 days that have been totally rejected by both of my partners. I really feel dejected and not into the spirit of halloween anymore. I literally have to come on here to get my spirits back up. One year far far into the future, when I don't have partners for Halloween, I'll maybe possibly be able to create some of the fun stuff I see you guys creating. Thank you for giving me inspiration to continue my projects.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I cant post pictures yet, but I am on my 24th hour of working on my head for my stalk around. I had to relearn how to paper mache things. However it is my version of a cow skull. All I need to do is final covering of paper, then coat in bondo, sand, and paint. Then add LED to eye sockets, and make a mount for the hinge system.

Mindless paper macheing kind of losses its luster after awhile.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Another dolly, and 2 gravediggers.

Currently I'm working on my costume. Next, it'll be PVC candles and a groundbreaker toe pincher. After that, I have cemetery pillars to monster mud and paint. :) BUSY!!!
Really nice work Morbid Mariah! Love the fence and the dolls are well....just awesome :)

MsM

·
Registered
147 Posts
HALINAR -- great looking tombstone and PLEASE post vid of your coffin when u can=) Shiatsu power is pretty much as far as i go for motion so i love to see any and all apps with it.

BUBBELS -- nice Count -- he's going to be your Halloween calendar? And is that Great stuff foam you used for the roots. Nice effect that i may need to do for my haunted treehouse -- the tree in my front yard may need some "buffing up" lol.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts