Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the moment I have 2 projects completed and I'm now in the middle of 2 more. I'm making a killer plant (based off GirlFriday's plant) and a winged skeleton creature I got the idea of from here but now I can't seem to find the post. *sadness*

What are you all working on right now?

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
I'm working on trying to get my charity to get their crap together and make decisions and finding a location that will make the fire inspector happy. Cant build anything until I get more storage space.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Im still working on my second JOL based on stolloweens paper mache technique. I only work on it when there is nothing else that needs to be done, so it takes me awhile. I have a lot of projects that need to get started yet. :0

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Hitting 100 days got me motivated. I started PVC candles yesterday. I have them cut and filled with foam. Tomorrow I'll trim the tops and start applying the hot glue "melted wax." It's tough because we are experiencing a heat wave in WA, 90s & possibly to hit 100 which is very rare so I am also trying to enjoy the sun a bit.

·
Master of my own Universe
970 Posts
Was working on modifying my second blucky skeleton and putting an how to on it together, however have put it on hold, as we are in the middle of a heat wave ... 102 outside and like a furnace in the garage. :mad:

Tomorrow's forecast is 105 ... :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm building benchwork out of 2x4s which will be the foundation of Spooky Town. 2x4s are harder to screw together than I anticipated. I just want to get the carpentry over with so I can start on the fun creative stuff.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,708 Posts
A well (like the Ring) made out of cut styro blocks. I'm going to put my Donna in it without expanding her so she's really short and putting a strobe inside so it looks like she's rising out of the well.

Regular tombstones. Practicing my carving with dremel tools.

A singing tombstone using a LCD flatscreen monitor and extra long cables and video capture software (and Yorrick from ImaginEERIEing).

A motor setup to make an old rocking chair rock.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm repainting PVC candles (they were rushed last year and not painted well) and working on labels for potion bottles. We're going to start building one of the larger props (a shack for our witch theme display) this weekend.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have about 30 skulls made of greatstuff waiting to be airbrushed. Once I get that done, I need to figure out how to mount them on PVC. Planning to run rope through the PVC to either work for a walk through, or to fence off the area. Depending on how active I get. Picked up 400 feet of orange and black rope from Home Depot. On sale.. Imagine that!

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Let's see.....finished the cemetery fence and column project (added an entry gate, so that is in work now). Started PVC candles and working on a couple of tombstones and a monument. Tore apart a couple of old pallets to make two different ground breaker coffins that are in various states of assembly. I jump from project to project to keep it fresh, otherwise I would never have gotten through the beast of a build for all of those columns! Did I mention that we painted the house exterior last weekend and I am drywalling the garage this weekend in the middle of the hottest week ever in the greater Seattle area!

·
Bringing the Dead to Life
839 Posts
Well, I'm starting to work on my tree for the first time since last year (been on the back burner for about 2 1/2 years :eek: )

..and painted the birdbath yesterday, and covered it with an enamel coating. Still have to put skulls on top(ones in pic are for simulation only) and add moss. A pump is in the base of the birdbath, so it creates a fountain.

·
Super Moderator
5,611 Posts
Putting the finishing touches on my control panel, generator, and Jacob's ladder. About to start another round of assorted lab equipment/experiments. 3 _________ in a Jar, lighting, and...I really don't know what to call the third..."Evil stepchild of a heart/lung machine"?

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I'm working on trying to figure out what I'm working on. I cut down a bunch of pallets, so I can start making coffins, but before i make coffins, I need to make about 5 shiatsu massager zombies, but to make the zombies, I need to figure out the heads, so I have to go through some boxes to see what's available and I've started three pneumatics that need tested so that I know what help I need to finish them at the next group gathering which is on the eighth. However, you can't test pneumatics if the new air compressor is still out in the shed, in the box from when it was bought over memorial day..., and then 4 wiper motors showed up last weekend, and I have to see if I have the ability to power them up......and people wonder where I got the name scatterbrains from :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts