Halloween Forum banner

141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
We agree with you. If the kiddies going down the gullet of a tree were obviously fake, it might be different, but youngsters have a hard time seeing other kids in jeopardy without it stressing them out. The ones who laugh usually wind up on the 11:00 news somewhere down the line. :)
I’ve never been one to like the gore bloody and really horror stuff for the little kids to see. Those we do for grown ups at parties.My props have always just been traditional monsters and a maybe tiny bit scary. So I decided my tree should just be creepy, not gory.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Well aside from my now completed mausoleum and my almost finished tombstones and almost finished FCG, I was also building a Cemetery Watchman who is now also done.

This is him part way through the build.

Here he is finally completed. He turns side to side like he is scanning for lost souls and grave robbers. One of these days I will set up a Youtube channel so I can post videos of some of my stuff.

Please excuse the mess in the background, just a haunter's life when you don't have a workshop to work in.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Please excuse the mess in the background, just a haunter's life when you don't have a workshop to work in.
I laugh when people apologize for the mess in their background. You have no idea what a mess looks like until you've seen us at work... more particularly me. I am tempted to post pictures of our work areas so that everyone has the opportunity to point the pictures and say, "Well, at least we're not as bad as that!"

·
Registered
958 Posts
I laugh when people apologize for the mess in their background. You have no idea what a mess looks like until you've seen us at work... more particularly me. I am tempted to post pictures of our work areas so that everyone has the opportunity to point the pictures and say, "Well, at least we're not as bad as that!"
I normally don't make huge messes when I work. I try and keep my stuff somewhat organized. It's not because I am a clean freak or anything as believe me my house definitely looks lived in. I just find it easier and less time wasting when I can find and quickly grab items I need when I am working on a project. When I only have a few hours here and a couple hours there to work on stuff, I hate wasting half my time looking for an item that I just laid down and it disappeared into Gort's house.

For some reason this year has just been chaotic and I have been messier than normal. I wish I had a nice big shop or garage where I could keep things a bit more organized. Be nice if it was some place that was cool in the summer and warm in the winter so I could work year round without worry of weather.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Chubstuff - hauntedWyo is also a gardener. We've got to get her growing pumpkins 🎃🎃🎃

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
I normally don't make huge messes when I work. I try and keep my stuff somewhat organized. It's not because I am a clean freak or anything as believe me my house definitely looks lived in. I just find it easier and less time wasting when I can find and quickly grab items I need when I am working on a project.
But if I was that organized I might never get any exercise running around the house looking for stuff. My doctor probably approves of my messy, can't locate anything, lifestyle.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Chubstuff - hauntedWyo is also a gardener. We've got to get her growing pumpkins 🎃🎃🎃
But... but... she's organized. I don't know if I can take another poster to the pumpkin forum showing me the 400 pound pumpkin that they're disappointed in because it's so small.

·
Registered
958 Posts
@chubstuff, LOL no need to worry about me growing a 400 lb pumpkin. I don't have a long enough growing season to really grow pumpkins, especially pumpkins that big. We don't seem to have much luck in growing pumpkins of any kind here at my place anyways no matter how long the growing season is. Can't get them to do much past blooming. They vine out great, but that is about it.

I am not completely organized, I just try and stay organized so I am not wasting valuable time looking for things. Having things too cluttered/messy to find stuff causes me to have anxiety too and I start to feel overwhelmed with the project. I get plenty of exercise going up and down my basement stairs, because no matter how organized I try to be I always manage to forget something up stairs when I'm working down stairs, or I forget something down stairs when working up stairs. It's just nice knowing where I left something and I can go grab it no matter if I left it down stairs or up stairs and not have to spend time hunting for things. Also with 3 cats, 3 dogs, and 13 chickens, keeping messes cleaned up is a must or they will be into things. My chickens for some reason love pecking at and eating styrofoam. I had one chicken eat a small screw I left on the ground. She is still alive surprisingly, but I'm still keeping a close eye on her. My boy dogs love to go around and pee on things and they have peed on some of my materials that I didn't get picked up right away. My cats love to hide in my messes and then they scatter things even more. My female dog, who is a puppy still, likes to find things she can chew on and she will cart things out into the yard that has to be picked up before we can mow.

I grew up watching my grandmother spend more time hunting for things than the time it took her to make whatever she was making. It might have only taken her a half an hour to cut out and sew together a pair of shorts, but it took her an hour to find her scissors and another hour to find her pattern and she would lose her scissors in the process of trying to find her pattern. That is when I decided I was going to do better at trying to keep the messes to a minimum and try to have a place for everything and everything in it's place. I have to follow behind my hubby when he working on things and pick up his tools he leaves laying around and put them together in a pile so he can find that screwdriver he needs, or the tape measure.

It's more fun for me to have more time working on things when I don't have to waste time hunting.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Our of curiosity, what part of Wyoming are you in? I used to live in Lander. Wyoming is an interesting state with some of the most beautiful and desolate places in the lower 48. In Oregon, I can grow pumpkins, and if all goes according to plan I will have some next year. (We have a long, but slow growing season).

·
Registered
958 Posts
Our of curiosity, what part of Wyoming are you in? I used to live in Lander. Wyoming is an interesting state with some of the most beautiful and desolate places in the lower 48. In Oregon, I can grow pumpkins, and if all goes according to plan I will have some next year. (We have a long, but slow growing season).
I live up in the north central/easternish part of the state. The Bighorns are in my backyard.

WY is definitely a unique state. From tall mountain peaks to flat desert areas, rolling hills to hay and wheat fields as far as the eye can see. More cows than people. Yards as big as a postage stamp in one section of town and then yards 5 acres big in another part of town and we have towns not cities in WY. Don't have enough population in the entire state to make a real city. Places where the wind blows so much the antelope have longer legs on one side of their bodies so they can stand straight up. Home of the jackelopes, created by the horns of the antelopes being blown off their heads and onto the heads of jack rabbits. The state where the snow never melts it just gets blown all over the state. The state where the 4 seasons are winter, more winter, still winter and road construction. The state where if you don't like the current weather just wait 15 mins. The state that everybody has heard of but has no idea where on the map it is. BTW: It's the other square state. LOL.

Best of luck on your pumpkin growing. One day we will get pumpkins to do something, at least I hope.

Sorry @chubstuff didn't mean to hijack your thread. Back at @fowldarr, those are cool specimen jars.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Sorry @chubstuff didn't mean to hijack your thread. Back at @fowldarr, those are cool specimen jars.
I might be weird, but if I post a very specific request for a certain kind of help, I hope to get that help. But a general question like the one that started this thread is out there to stimulate conversation and show off stuff. I'm totally happy finding out that you have a short pumpkin growing season or that we live in the same state as Fowldarr. These types of threads have little hidden gems in them, but they're also a fun read. I'm not going to complain when it heads off track into something interesting. :)

·
Registered
964 Posts
I might be weird, but if I post a very specific request for a certain kind of help, I hope to get that help. But a general question like the one that started this thread is out there to stimulate conversation and show off stuff. I'm totally happy finding out that you have a short pumpkin growing season or that we live in the same state as Fowldarr. These types of threads have little hidden gems in them, but they're also a fun read. I'm not going to complain when it heads off track into something interesting. :)
and this is why you’re amazing @chubstuff

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well said. I think a lot of us are this type of weird.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well aside from my now completed mausoleum and my almost finished tombstones and almost finished FCG, I was also building a Cemetery Watchman who is now also done.

This is him part way through the build.
View attachment 719488

Here he is finally completed. He turns side to side like he is scanning for lost souls and grave robbers. One of these days I will set up a Youtube channel so I can post videos of some of my stuff.
View attachment 719489
View attachment 719490
View attachment 719492

Now that is awesome!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Started my first attempt at Spider Egg Sack, following Greg's Oak Lane Cemetary's tutorial guide. Though I used a base layer of bubble wrap under plastic wrap (which was previously used as tarp for spray painting, thus the black coloring).

Looking very good (I think) - Thanks Greg for tutorial!

141 - 160 of 171 Posts
About this Discussion
170 Replies
47 Participants
Therewolf
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing