Halloween Forum banner

101 - 120 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Working on my Carnevil. Last year it was mostly static. This year I decided to ads some animation. So far got my wheel of death working and am now working on a parachute drop ride. Just need to find some creepy dolls for it. The parachute ride will be 9feet tall with arms off each corner. I plan on using black umbrellas as the parachutes and hanging benches from them. I have cw/ccw motors running 25 to 30 rpm to make the chutes go up and down. Lastly I built a carousel and this year I want to make it rotate. Just have to figure out. 0
4493.jpeg
4298.jpeg
FB_IMG_1565469504278.jpg

·
Registered
958 Posts
Latest Spider corpsing for halloween party this weekend...
Why are you having a Halloween party so early? Not that there is anything wrong with celebrating Halloween any time of the year. I was just curious as to why 2 months before actual Halloween.

Your spider victim looks cool BTW. Wish I could make a spider victim look that good.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Why are you having a Halloween party so early? Not that there is anything wrong with celebrating Halloween any time of the year. I was just curious as to why 2 months before actual Halloween.

Your spider victim looks cool BTW. Wish I could make a spider victim look that good.
Every year we have a labor day party with a theme. This year we are doing halloween.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
WHAT? What's more fun than a Halloween barbecue?

Have that out front and serve barbecued pork. Those in the know will get a laugh, and those who don't will probably stick to the dips on the table... no wait... maybe they'll just not snack at all.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It took almost two months, way more engineering than I ever imagined and enough tub caulk to drown a horse, but I finally finished my very first self made animatronic prop...
And for those of you making tentacles...I am working on a full tutorial that covers the entire process...no pool noodles required!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
It took almost two months, way more engineering than I ever imagined and enough tub caulk to drown a horse, but I finally finished my very first self made animatronic prop...
Brilliant.For a first animatronic prop, you hit it out of the park. (And I hate baseball, so you know how much I have to like a prop to use a baseball metaphor.) :) I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to the tutorial. Our witches shack needs to have a bit of plant life to liven things up.

·
Registered
958 Posts
And for those of you making tentacles...I am working on a full tutorial that covers the entire process...no pool noodles required!
That is freaking amazeballs. So lifelike both in appearance and in it's movement too. Looking forward to your tutorial.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have taken My first Zombie to the next level.... Frantic Frank!
After someone trips motion sensor he kicks into high speed as if he is really coming after you!
Wiper motor switches to a 12V supply (from the 5V) which gives a big increase in speed.
The flailing arms is Hilarious... I think any way? see video:
Frantic Zombie Biter
That is awesome. That should give some TOTs a good fright and their parents a good chuckle.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Almost finished the coffin. The vultures are done and I had enough left over for some headstones.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
IMG_2977.JPG

Our crypt doors finally gave out last year, so this year we rebuilt. I went with 1/2" plywood over 2x6 and 2x4 frames. The door is a sheet of ply with 2x4 outside frame for the hinges and 2x6's top and bottom back for support. I used a router and wire-brush wheel to cut and gouge the door to look like individual old planks. My wife added the color once I was done. I'm thinking we need something more, but just not sure... Suggestions?
Also, seems all the paint and stain didn't keep the doors from warping during the last rain. Not sure what I can do now... crud.

·
Registered
958 Posts
@radu I don't know if it will help the doors or not, but have you tried running a board diagonally from a top corner to a bottom corner of the door framing? Or make an X between the framing. Look up an image of a barn door as to what I am talking about. That may straighten out the warping.

One suggestion I have about something else to add is maybe change out the hinges you are using for strap hinges. Otherwise it looks amazing, even with the warped doors. The warping gives it a bit more of an aged look.

101 - 120 of 171 Posts
About this Discussion
170 Replies
47 Participants
Therewolf
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing