Halloween Forum banner

201 - 220 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
@Zombie4*, If I wasn't scared of clowns before, I would be now. Love them. Great job putting them all together.

@Therewolf , Can't wait for a tutorial.

@Scarab, Those are awesome. One day I want to make a zombie like that. I have to wait until the little neighbor girl is older and not so terrified of things like that. That Nun is terrifying and the psycho guy is downright creepy.

@Btrayne, WOW!! You were busy. It all looks great. Good job on it all. Some TOTs are going to miss out seeing one cool haunt. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Finally finished my haunted tree. Also made a little swing for the screaming zombie baby doll to swing on.
I think the little zombie kid on the swing is a fine middle ground from the kid being eaten by the tree you originally thought of trying to having nothing hanging from the branches. :)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Just a small project but I converted the misting lab beaker from Lowe's into a haunted moonshine still to go into my bayou themed shooting gallery. I just hope the misting effect keeps working because this thing will get triggered a lot!
We have loved that shooting gallery of yours since you posted it a year ago. It was equally neat to see how many folks out there remember those shooting galleries from their childhood. If we had the room, I think we would one day do something very similar. It's that perfect combination of creepiness and fun that we hope to capture along the way.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Upgraded the trigger on our store bought creepy the clown prop again this year. The as bought sound or motion (I forget which) trigger never worked reliably. Prior years I switched over to a home made step mat trigger which has to be redone to some degree each year because the cardboard doesn't hold up well in the woods. This year it is being upgraded again since its Try Me button sends it through its howl and jerking sequence ..... the Try-Me-Trol is perfect for this. It has great instructions for wiring the pir, power, prop and setting the timers.

Fits perfectly in a small Chick-Fil-A to go box...Using the LED blinks to set the timers...

Nice and compact....

Slid into Creepy's backside.....

Just hanging around waiting to move into the woods for the haunt...

·
Registered
60 Posts
So many things to still build...lol. Why do I always wait until the last minute?

Pirate theme this year and what I want and what I can finish might be two different things. Last weekend to go all out on building so I have time for setup. I'll post pics at some point.

1. Cannon - complete
2. Dinghy (Small ship for two skeleton pirates) - mostly done
3. Back half of a large pirate ship - haven't started...gadzooks (this will be the entrance, so need to get this built!)
4. Build a maze for the kiddies - poles, trenton mills beef netting and pool noodles - haven't started
5. Pilings - haven't started
6. Some sort of dock - haven't started
7. Treasure - mostly done

·
Registered
208 Posts
So many things to still build...lol. Why do I always wait until the last minute?

Pirate theme this year and what I want and what I can finish might be two different things. Last weekend to go all out on building so I have time for setup. I'll post pics at some point.

1. Cannon - complete
3. Back half of a large pirate ship - haven't started...gadzooks (this will be the entrance, so need to get this built!)
4. Build a maze for the kiddies - poles, trenton mills beef netting and pool noodles - haven't started
I would be freaking out right now, those are BIG ideas and really good ones! Can you enlist help or take some vacation days?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Almost done with my display. I'm still going to add fog geysers and sound on Halloween.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts

1. Cannon - complete

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
537 Posts
This is Halloween, this is Halloween, Pumpkins Scream in the Dead of Night.... View attachment 722895
Please make way for a very special guy!

NICE! I've been thinking about building one like this, It seems like a pretty straight forward build. How much time did you put in? Where did you get the head?
And... Love the tag line

·
Registered
230 Posts
Please make way for a very special guy!

NICE! I've been thinking about building one like this, It seems like a pretty straight forward build. How much time did you put in? Where did you get the head?
And... Love the tag line
I have a 3" PVC tube buried in the ground permanently. I use it for multiple Halloween characters depending on the year. This year's Pumpkin King has a 2" PVC "spine" with a 2" to 3" PVC transition at the bottom and then I screw it to predrilled holes on the 3" PVC tube in the ground so it doesn't twist side to side.

So, everything is 2" PVC except for the arms. After the shoulders, I go from 2" to 1 1/2" PVC and use screws as opposed to PVC cement so that I can remove the arms easily for storage. Smaller PVC equal less weight way out in front which equals less bend of the spine. The ribs are made of 1 1/2" - 3/4" PVC from bottom to top. Everything is covered in Great Stuff for texture. It's painted with FLAT Rust-oleum Camouflage paint with the base of earth brown with forest green and dark tan highlights. The hands/fingers are 14 2 Romex painted flat black.

The head was a large solid foam pumpkin I found at Michaels Craft Store. I hollowed it out (which totally SUCKS because the foam beads go EVERYWHERE and it takes a lot of effort) to about 3/4" thick walls. Then I carved the face into it. Then I sealed the whole thing inside with Modge Podge because it will get wet inside. Then I sandwiched the inside bottom and outside bottom of the pumpkin in between two 6" square 1/8" plywood pieces and Gorilla Glue'd a 2" PVC coupler (you could use a 2" PVC cap as well) into a center hole I cut into the 1/8th" plywood.

I bought several packages of 1x3 meter (3' x 9') Cheesecloth and multiple bottles of black RIT dye, followed the instructions and made the cape. I used to use bed sheets but they hold so much water that it becomes SO HEAVY that it was bending the 2" PVC. Cheesecloth is light and doesn't hold that much water so it's much better.

I'm using a super bright LED light strip. It's looks great in either green or red as the entire pumpkin head glows through.
LED Strip Lights I use

That's pretty much my tutorial. If you have any question please ask! Always willing to share stuff I've figured out!

Scarab

Pix of how I attached the PVC coupler for clarity. These pix are NOT from this project but it's the same idea I used on my smaller Pumpkin Minions project.

This is my Skeleton King which is much larger. Over 12" tall. I used 3" PVC for him because the head is fiberglass and heavy. Same basic concept though just larger in scale.

201 - 220 of 233 Posts