Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to find out what everyone was looking forward to for the 2015 season. What genre of masks or props?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I think for my annual party theme, I'm going to be hitting up the thrift and second hand stores for used white sheets to bloody up and make look gross for my hospital walls. I've also got my eye on green LED lights and lots of plain, empty jars.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,775 Posts
Wanted to find out what everyone was looking forward to for the 2015 season. What genre of masks or props?
If you are looking for some guidance to plan inventory purchases, my personal purchases will be quite small this year, but I am considering a cemetery caretaker, and a zombie mask to be used for props. I haven't settled on a caretaker mask to this point but am drawn to Ugly Rumour and not at all drawn to Uncle Creepy. I want this character to look old, spooky and on the verge of death but I don't want him to be mistaken for a zombie. Thus no blood, torn flesh, exposed bone, and requires a closed mouth. The zombie mask I am looking for will be complimentary to Ghoulish Productions Crazy Sewed and Rotting Death. I am looking for loose hair as the prop will be motorized or a pneumatic Casa Fear style zombie.

Good luck with your inventory planning.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Seems like the life-sized skeletons, realistic skulls, and Crazy Bones animals are very popular right now. We are also on the lookout for props for the Mad Lab.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I would like for Target and Grandin Road to really wow me again. I would also like some decent Halloween magazines. It has been too many years of crap.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,963 Posts
Vintage, always vintage or vintage repro which is easy to find all year.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to have a party (it would be our first Halloween party) so I've decided if we do it will be vintage Halloween. I've amassed a decent collection of Ben Cooper/Collegeville costumes & other vintagey things & that will be what I'll go with.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Trick or Treat Studios has some very cool masks coming this year. Also I'm looking to add an alien blow mold and the Distortions Alien Death prop to my stable this year.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm hoping to really amp up the mad scientist laboratory this year. Last year my friend who helps me haunt made an awesome blinking panel out of the new color change LED christmas lights, but unfortunately it went on the fritz the day of. I got a fresh string of lights and fixed it. Ready for next time!

I just got some Voss Spring Water bottles and I'm scraping the paint labels off to turn them into some kind of bubbling, glowing light machine. I had thought they might have changed to ceramic labeling, which is impossible to remove, but I was wrong, it comes off just fine with a utility knife.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I'm hoping the garden center where I bought Silas and Victor has more Gargoyles this year and that Target has something decent again too. While I'm sure I'll buy stuff, I can't think of anything other than gargoyles I am looking to pickup...also could use a ton of corn stalks or sunflower stalks

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I'm hoping the garden center where I bought Silas and Victor has more Gargoyles this year and that Target has something decent again too. While I'm sure I'll buy stuff, I can't think of anything other than gargoyles I am looking to pickup...
Try checking Design Toscano, as they have lots of gargoyles and do sales quite often anymore; right now is 25% off, up until midnight, using code JANFLASH. Additionally, I also hope that Target goes back to the way that they were years ago.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I am looking forward to the Twisty the Clown mask that Trick or Treat studios gave a sneak peek of on their Facebook page. Other than that I may pick up a Death Studios witch mask. I plan on actually making more of my items now and only buying what I can't make or really want.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There was a noticed demand for witches and Cthulhu starting last season. We are looking into doing more Oddities style props for those looking to fill their shelves. We just released two in December and will add two more. I plan to keep an eye out for any of the requests above at the upcoming shows and report back. With Photos and videos of course.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BTW doto the mask you described we have our uncut Gravedigger mask which might fit what you are looking for... Grandpa.jpg

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm looking for more skeleton animals (Crazy Bonez) and newer skeleton gnomes(Mermaids). Also looking forward to what CVS does this year. Might want to add to my life size collection of Nightmare Before Christmas. Otherwise I will wait til the November sales.

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
I'm looking for more skeleton animals (Crazy Bonez) and newer skeleton gnomes(Mermaids). Also looking forward to what CVS does this year. Might want to add to my life size collection of Nightmare Before Christmas. Otherwise I will wait til the November sales.
ooo, ooo, you have a LIFESIZED collection of NBC?? Did you make them or purchase, and do you have any pics that you can share?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts