Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going the same route I usually do. Goodie bags each with Reeses Cups, Hershey bars, Kit Kats and Twix. 150 bags.

Picked up the jumbo witch cauldron from Party City (for next year's theme) and decided to put Stripe in it with all the goodie bags for the kids to reach into.

I'll also have some goodie bags in my pumpkin to hand out to kids who don't make it up to the porch as I roam the sidewalk and driveway.

Eye Black Sculpture Art Supernatural creature

Mythical creature Houseplant Supernatural creature Art Sculpture

Black Pumpkin Calabaza Cucurbita Gourd

Food Cuisine Ingredient Font Convenience food

Art Font Advertising Games Cat

·
Registered
115 Posts
Going the same route I usually do. Goodie bags each with Reeses Cups, Hershey bars, Kit Kats and Twix. 150 bags.

Picked up the jumbo witch cauldron from Party City (for next year's theme) and decided to put Stripe in it with all the goodie bags for the kids to reach into.

I'll also have some goodie bags in my pumpkin to hand out to kids who don't make it up to the porch as I roam the sidewalk and driveway.

View attachment 755138
View attachment 755139
View attachment 755140
View attachment 755141
View attachment 755142
Full size-skittles, starburts, snickers. Hershey bars, Peanut butter cups....300 count....jello shots for the adults 500....its always a blast

·
Registered
156 Posts
We have 330 full size Costco candy bars, two big bags of Kirkland non-chocolate small candy for the bowl in the scary clown's lap. We will have treat bags of small toys for the first 100 young kids and books for the ones too little to know what candy is. For the adults we have beer, wine and shots to go. We've been getting as many adults as we do kids :^) in the last few years.

We will have 5 popup 10x10 tents (we plan on rain in the PNW), two for neighbors and friends to party in, one with a bar and table for treats and two black tents for props. The event keeps growing every year. We expect about 20 friends and neighbors will be here Halloween night.

This year we are having a Saturday afternoon party for friends as well. My sister-in-law is flying in and two of my cousins will be here from out of state.

I am hoping for no rain or wind so we can use the fog machines. As long as I am hoping, maybe it will be warm too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
We have about 12,000 pieces of mixed snack size candies like skittles, smarties, jolly ranchers, nerds and twizzlers... We need another 3k or so, we expect to go through all of it giving 2-3 per kid. If we had a smaller amount of ToT's we would be able to do full size, but alas with that many ToT's it's just not feasible.

Seriously considering the jello shot idea though haha!!

-K

·
Registered
221 Posts
Last year I logged the candy we obtained for passing out in a spreadsheet. I've fallen behind this year, but as usual we have an eclectic mix of treats. Most of what we've obtained is chocolate, though we have some starbursts, dots, tootsie pops, twizzlers, Skittles... We have a good mix.

Turns out we have over 1000 pieces of candy. It's gonna be a good year.

·
Registered
156 Posts
We have about 12,000 pieces of mixed snack size candies like skittles, smarties, jolly ranchers, nerds and twizzlers... We need another 3k or so, we expect to go through all of it giving 2-3 per kid. If we had a smaller amount of ToT's we would be able to do full size, but alas with that many ToT's it's just not feasible.

Seriously considering the jello shot idea though haha!!

-K
Wow, you get a lot of trick or treaters! Our first year we had 34 kids :^( the year before covid we had 215 and last year with covid we had 104. I'm ready for 300+ this year.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Doing full size candy bars this year. I started doing some catering this year, and my wholesaler sells the Hershey's variety packs at a great price. It includes Seven Hershey's Milk Chocolate Standard Bars, Seven Hershey's Milk Chocolate with Almonds Standard Bars, Six Kit Kat® Standard Bars, and 10 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Standard Bars per box (30 bars) and 6 boxes per case (180 bars) at less than $40.00 a case. I order 2 cases - since last year we had about 200 ToTs, and I'm betting we get more this year. Also have some Halloween toys (fangs, rings, chemlight bracelets, etc.) for the kids who want something other than sugar.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Doing full size candy bars this year. I started doing some catering this year, and my wholesaler sells the Hershey's variety packs at a great price. It includes Seven Hershey's Milk Chocolate Standard Bars, Seven Hershey's Milk Chocolate with Almonds Standard Bars, Six Kit Kat® Standard Bars, and 10 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Standard Bars per box (30 bars) and 6 boxes per case (180 bars) at less than $40.00 a case. I order 2 cases - since last year we had about 200 ToTs, and I'm betting we get more this year. Also have some Halloween toys (fangs, rings, chemlight bracelets, etc.) for the kids who want something other than sugar.
Whoa, that is a good deal, better than Costco's sale price! Congratulations, the kids will love you.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Whoa, that is a good deal, better than Costco's sale price! Congratulations, the kids will love you.
If you can find someone with a Sysco account, I recommend using it!

·
Registered
518 Posts
The whole sale is interesting. I too, do full size, "bribe them and they will come".
I started with buying a lot of the 36/30 packs all the same. BUT, then I would open too many different packs, creating too many left overs. So I've moved to some of the multiple packs, form Mars and Hershey, I can then over buy and return the unopened packs to BJ's, big calorie savings!! I love watching the kids try to choose, sometimes I pull the tray away, telling them to come back NEXT YEAR, after they decide.
Jerseyscare

·
Registered
618 Posts
This year we loaded up on Shrieker Skittles, Bloody Bites (the watermelon-flavored liquid packs that come with plastic fangs), Witch's Brew KitKats and Monster Cereal treat packs. Tried to find the Monster Mash fruit snacks as well, but never did.

Publication Font Retail Advertising Event

·
Registered
4 Posts

View attachment 755138
View attachment 755139
View attachment 755140
View attachment 755141
View attachment 755142

·
Registered
62 Posts
The last few years I have been giving out the little mini pringles and the kids seem to love them, a little salty with all that sweet stuff!. I usually can find them at Smart and Final , I think you get 58 for 12.99.They also have the rice crispy treats at a good value, somewhere around .23 each. I like to stick to 1 or 2 varieties of treats to simplify handing it out since I get large groups at a time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts