Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some ideas of easy and not too expensive party favors to hand out to my guests. I've done bags of candy in the past and want to do something more creative. Last year, I gave out cookie ingredients in mason jars, which was a big hit but I'm looking for something new this year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I need some ideas of easy and not too expensive party favors to hand out to my guests. I've done bags of candy in the past and want to do something more creative. Last year, I gave out cookie ingredients in mason jars, which was a big hit but I'm looking for something new this year.
Sticking with the treat theme , real candied apples or chocolate ones, especially really nice ones like Rockey Mountain chocolate factory makes would be nice, I've considering doing it as favors for my Masquerade/Halloween wedding.

·
Registered
100 Posts
This may be lame, but in the past I have passed out Day of the Dead mini buckets with glowstick something (bracelet, ring, etc), candy, and a personalized item from oriental trading. People seemed to like it... But when are glowsticks and candy not a good thing!

·
Registered
650 Posts
In addition to the candy treats, This year we are giving the little ones glow bracelets . Did this one other year and it was a big hit. Also lets cars see the kids better. You can get a pack of 5 for $1.00 at Dollar Tree or same thing at Wall-Mart for 97 cents. I got 50 bracelets just today! I have had a big tray of assorted small party type toys too...but sometimes the parents get a bit edgy waiting for the kids to make their choice.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I love this idea and may steal it! I wonder how far in advance you can make candy apples...

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
We are having a zombie/safe house party with a survival scavenger hunt so keeping in tune with the survival theme we are giving out Paracord Survival Bracelets http://m.instructables.com/id/Survival-Bracelet/ they are popular and practical (in case of an emergency) and even better with the aid of Hobby Lobby coupons I can make 10 bracelets for roughly $5

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Oriental Trading has a lot of fun, inexpensive ideas for both the younger set & personalized party stuff more for adults too.
Believe it or not, I'm not actually a Halloween stick in the mud, but after this suggestion, maybe everyone will think so - ha ha - but for kids, I like Halloween stickers or little tattoos that they can pick. It's something you can make fun or spooky.

For adults, what about something pumpkin-y? Like buy some bags of pumpkin spice coffee, spoon them into individual cellphane bags with a cute pumpkin tag & instructions for brewing one cup of coffee.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I always make something for my party guests, and since we don't have trick or treating-tradition:)p), that's all I'm giving away on Halloween.. I would LOVE to make little candytreats and spooky things for kids..
Last year I had a voodoo theme, so I made a voodoo-doll for everyone. Guests got to choose their own, the one that had their spirit inside... I wanted to make them organic and creepy, not too cute.
This year I have a masquerade vampire theme so I'm giving small blood vial pendants.
voodoo.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
Lots of kids like Pop Rocks. You can usually get 3 for $1 at the Dollar Store.

The survival bracelets are a great idea for your zombie party, pumpkinpie.
I have a cautionary tale about Pop Rocks. The kids love them, but if you hand out the treat bags too early, they will immediately open them, and likely get them all over your carpet and furniture and they are hard to remove. :) Take it from someone who knows. Don't give them out until they are out the door!

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
I'd love to know how you got the chocolate chips to look like spiders too... great idea!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Easy! Just drag a toothpick through the hot chips after it's cooked but before they cool. Try to make at least 6 legs per chip.
You don't have to do every chip either. Pick a few if the best ones on each cookie.

I just loved this idea.

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
I'm doing a Haunted Hotel theme party this year for my adult friends and I'm trying to find little boxes that I can turn into mini-suitcases that are filled with traditional candies. I know that doesn't help you find something creative to give out since my twist on the usual is the container and not the contents.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If it's for an adult party I bought a bunch of the alcohol nips (like vodka) and printed fun labels to put on them like poison, and magic potion etc. They are each about a $1 so it's not that bad. They were a huge hit and something that everyone can use or keep for later.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts