Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your Halloween Cosplay Ideas this year? Plus also share your Spooky Decor ideas, Cool Halloween Head-mask & Funny Pranks from the Holiday? :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
I want to build a costume, with a cross between a Dementor and the Grim Reaper. I have drywall stilts, and anew refurbishing kit with springs and hardware. Had them for 5 years, still haven't incorporated them. I want to build skeletal hands, four times larger than normal hands. I want the hooded cloak made from cheesecloth and burlap and shredded-burned scraps. I want to drape plastic chains, and some aluminum rain chains, to add detail. When the stilts take a step, the sound would sound more like the chains rattling and clanking.

I've bookmarked and printed and tested quite a few DIY designs for large hand props. Still not sure which design is best, but so far, the fishing lines stitched to a leather glove seems the best actuator, with rubber bands behind the knuckles to open the hands. I'm still not sure what to use to create the fingers. I've seen foam cut shaped and then melted to wrinkle them up and strengthen them, but so far I haven't found a hinge method that I didn't hate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts