Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the "Can't Miss" or "Must Have" things that make any Haunt.... Great?

What with the Big Night...getting closer and closer and closer, and with us all scrambling to get our Haunts in order for this year.....I was just wondering, and throwing it our there to you all.....as to what you guys and gals think.....are the "Must Have"... Things.....to make any Haunt or any Halloween display a Major Hit?
What are the things, that you can never ever have too many of....to make any display.....Stand Out?
We all have different tastes and different ideas on what ads Spooky and Scary or just Fun to any Halloween display.
For me......I would have to say, that I get a lot of fun out of building Coffins for Halloween.
I just can't seem to ever have enough of them.
In my mind, thee is nothing Creepier or Scarier than seeing a Full size Coffin in a Display.
I made my very First coffins years ago now, and still have them and still use them.....and they are Great.
I made them out of Styrofoam 4x8 1 inch thick sheets....and they have stood up over time.
I now make only wood coffins, as they can be abused so much more, and they are soooooo easy to make.
I have them set up for Photo Ops......both Standing Up and Lying down.....and people just LOVE to have their pictures taken....while either Lying or Standing in a Coffin. lol
Every year....I ad more and more coffins, and last year......I started to ad Child size coffins to my Display.....and even now.....just writing about them......Creeps me out!
I thought that they might be crossing the line a bit......but.....everyone Loves them...which really surprised me.
Skeletons and Skulls are another can't miss thing to have in your Haunts.
I guess for myself......I base my display on a Grave Yard setting.....so Coffins and Skeletons and Skulls .....Tombstones etc......I can never have too many of.
So.....how about you Haunters......in your own minds.....What is it.....that "YOU".....can never ever have too much of....and NO......I am not talking about Money LOL......we can all use that.....but.....when it comes to your own Haunts......what is it.....that you can never ever have too much of?
Lets hear......where your tastes lie?

·
Registered
955 Posts
“Dead Trees & Pumpkins”

I turn my garden into a Haunted Garden in Mid October. I haul home a forest of dead trees that people dispose of over the summer. Then I line the driveway & illuminate them with Halloween lights.

It’s not Halloween without pumpkins so I try to grow as many as possible. Last year I was lucky enough to have over 75 beautiful Jack-O-Lanterns ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts