Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Are you looking for spotlights to light the sky or a prop? Color, UV, or white, LED or incandescent? Give us some idea on what you'd like to do with the spot and I'm sure people here can help you decide. Usually with a haunt you don't want bright, so I'm guessing you want to do something very specific with the spot to attract attention?

·
Registered
79 Posts
big lots have led black light sm spots 15.00 home depot has white sm spots 12.99 there brighter than I thought. I put sm bead of clear silicone to keep water out around the lens edges.

·
Registered
181 Posts
if time allows, they ship from china, usually takes about 2 weeks for delivery. www.taydaelectronics.com

EDIT: by far the cheapest I have found and they also have 15% off coupons on there facebook page fairly often
hmmm ok yes it can be beat lol.

i like very cheap. i used these https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/component-leds/5mm-cool-white-high-flux-led-90-degree-viewing-angle-5500-mcd/353/1300/ i guess they went up a little in price. they are now $0.59 each

but i like that they are in the U.S., shipping is fast, the ones i ordered have a wide viewing angle 90° vs 30°. but it all depends on what you are using the lights for. the smaller angle gives more intense light on a smaller area. also the high flux ones are about twice as bright(5500 MCD vs 2000-3000 MCD). but for the price i could make more... decisions decisions

·
Registered
302 Posts
usually around 10-14 days. I have had it take 17 days. so you should get it before the day but may not be enough time for you to do what you want with the parts ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I looked at the Plug and Play LED spot lighting, and loved it! I will be making several larger ones, with several LEDs inside each. last year I bought 600 UV (blacklight) LEDs, and will be using them to light the Blacklight highlights on our haunt.

Off to Lowes...

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I looked at the Plug and Play LED spot lighting, and loved it! I will be making several larger ones, with several LEDs inside each. last year I bought 600 UV (blacklight) LEDs, and will be using them to light the Blacklight highlights on our haunt.

Off to Lowes...
nice i made two of the larger ones also, i am connecting them to the build your own lightning machine http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/127831-build-you-own-lightning-machine.html.

i uised six high flux leds in each and both lights combined are way below the 200 watt limit of the board. good luck and drop me a line if you have any questions

1 - 16 of 16 Posts