Halloween Forum banner

What are some of your favorite Haunted Houses? Names and Locations?

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Rclsu13 
#1 ·
Hey all,

So every Halloween season I go nuts and try to travel as much as possible to some of the biggest and best haunted houses. I think I've seen Travel Channel's haunted house episodes about 50 times a piece! I'm from Northern PA and there are some epic ones around here! Some of my favorites so far are:

1) The Haunted Hoochie- Columbus, OH
2) House of Horrors- Buffalo, NY
3) Fright World- Buffalo, NY
4) Scarehouse- Pittsburgh, PA
5) Rich's Fright Farm- Smithfield, PA
6) 7 Floors of Hell- Cleveland, OH

These are just a few note worthy ones I've been to. There are many others I've herd a ton about but haven't had the opportunity yet to check them out. Anyone been to any of these? They're all on my queue list!

7) Factory of Terror- Canton, OH
8) Fear Experience- Mentor, OH
9) Paxton Manor- Leesburg, VA
10) 100 Acres Manor- Pittsburgh, PA
11) Pennhurst Haunted Asylum- Springfield, PA
12) Eastern State Penitentiary- Philidelphia, PA
13) Black Out- New York City, NY (Still have my reservations about this one...idk...)

And surprisingly enough my list ends on 13. That wasn't intentional but that's awesome! These are all just in the greater part of PA, OH, and NY. I also wanted to go to Rob Zombie's Great American Nightmare but thats quite a ways...Anyone ever been to any of these haunts? If so I want to hear what you guys thought! What are some of your favorites!?

See less See more
#7 ·
Frightland in Middletown Delaware
http://www.frightland.com/

Kersey Valley Spooky Woods in Archdale North Carolina
http://www.spookywoods.com/

Woods of Terror Greensboro North Carolina
http://www.woodsofterror.com/

Ive been to a ton but these are hands down my top 3. We try to visit at least one a year and since we are military we get to experience a lot of different states and have even been to some in Europe. Great Thread!

#9 ·
Haven't been to too many. Shocktoberfest in Sinking Spring and this past season we went to Bates Motel for the first time. Really cool place. I saw Randy behind the booth and wanted to talk with him but didn't get a chance. Some great pyrotechnics and awesome dragon. Nice setting in the woods and cornfields. Good actors and props. Shocktoberfest has a decent hayride, but the past time we went, I wouldn't put it up there with Bates. Besides these two, a pair of local haunts, mainly for charity.

#11 ·
Awe man I want to go to Transworld SOOOOO badly! That and Hauntcon. I'm so jealous. I herd The Darkness is a pretty epic one! Thats cool you guys do your own home haunt the entire month of October though. Not many people do that all month long.

And there ya go Samie sounds like there are some cool ones in NC after all. I'll have to check those out! Thanks Booswife!

#12 ·
"this past season we went to Bates Motel for the first time. Really cool place. I saw Randy behind the booth and wanted to talk with him but didn't get a chance. Some great pyrotechnics and awesome dragon. Nice setting in the woods and cornfields. Good actors and props."

GOOD! I'm glad to hear another good review about Bates Motel. I want to go badly!

#13 ·
Our favorite is the Haunted Castle of Muskogee here in Oklahoma. It's chessy as hell and that is what makes it great. There are a couple haunted houses, a maze and a the Trail of Blood. Same thing every year basically although this last year they did add a Zombie Hunt which was pretty cool. They even brought in the zombie in a trailer before the hunt opened and "herded" them in. Also all the workers there dress up and when the night officially opens they do a big dance number, which is always entertaining. We go every year on canned food night so everything is half price. Also there are a lot of fair type food stands and every year it's a tradition to get the fried cookie dough (YUM!!!) and a funnel cake. They also serve beer.

#15 ·
I went to Eastern State Penitentiary's haunt about five years ago, it was great. For one, the place is just super creepy as is, it is awesome to just walk around it. I've been wanting to go back, it was just a really great experience, so I would definitely recommend trying to make it that one.

#16 ·
Ya I think Eastern State Penitentiary is on my list of haunts to visit this year. Has anyone herd anything about the Haunted Hoochie in Columbus Ohio? That haunt currently holds number 1 for me personally for the haunts I have visited. You should check it out if you havent herd about it yet. Its amazing. It was on a few lists for "most extreme" haunted house. They grab you, cuss at you, and put you through some serious mayhem. Its top notch!

#17 ·
Every Halloween we go to the Factory of Terror in Canton, OH and The Fear Experience in Cleveland, Ohio also Halloweekends at Cedar Point, I have some pictures of halloweekends on my profile page, pretty cool during Halloween they do a good job. I love a good haunted house.:D

#19 ·
Every Halloween we go to the Factory of Terror in Canton, OH and The Fear Experience in Cleveland, Ohio also Halloweekends at Cedar Point, I have some pictures of halloweekends on my profile page, pretty cool during Halloween they do a good job. I love a good haunted house.:D
How was Factory of Terror?!? I herd great things about it. I am so upset I couldn't make it out last year but I plan on going this year for sure!

#18 ·
I had only been to two JC local haunts, then I built my own haunt The Ravens Grin Inn. Then I made an off-season flight to Myrtle Beach and saw three haunts, Leonard Pickle's was one of them and another one was one he had remodeled.
I had no idea 28 years ago that anybody even had haunted houses any more , except for Disney.
I knew what I wanted to do to make mine different and the way that I thought it should be. Having an extremely small almost non-existent amount of money did not stop me, it probably inspired me more than not. I have been fortunate enough to have been mentioned on some "Best" Haunts lists over the years , which never "hurts" (And I sure didn't pay or bribe anyone to get on them either!)
I was also incredibly fortunate in purchasing this house, which took a lot of time and work on my part to make it happen ("No Money", remember?)
Some others have said I am in the world's poorest location for a "Haunted House", having an extremely interesting and haunted haunted house just might make up for the poor location?
If any of you reading this ever decide to come and see Ravens Grin, leave your Trans World Prop list at home, you would not be putting any check marks on it .
"Surprise" is a huge part of this type of entertaining people and that is what happens here, along with making people laugh along with their screams, Ravens Grin is a perfect name and description for what is here.

Reactions: Kevin B
#20 ·
I work at the oldest haunt here in Omaha, the Mystery Manor. Were not a huge building, but put a really great show in a relatively small building. Wayne Seely snd Co. really have a passion for running a great show. Being open for 30 seasons, we must have been doing something right!! Ive been really grateful to have been able to gain experience in such a good haunt. Every year, the Manor crew takes a tour of all the local haunts here in town. All of our haunts are fairly small and some temporary. Weve got a pretty good group of haunts tho. Shadow's Edge (http://www.theshadowsedge.com/) is built in a tent in a parking lot, but they do a great job in making it feel like your'e in a bigger space by moving you in and out of the tent. Nightmare on Q st (http://www.anightmareonqstreet.com/) is built in an old bumper car building at a small amusement park here in Omaha. Theyve done pretty well for themselves in just a couple years and get better every year. Finally, Scary Acres (http://www.scaryacres.com/) is a multi attraction property complete with bon fires, music, and concessions. Thats the 4 major haunts in the Omaha area, but weve road tripped down to KC and gotten a chance to experience 2 major productions in the Edge of Hell and the Beast. Both of those are just a whole nether level of haunts. I could rant on and on about these guys, but Im sure you guys have been to these.

Mystery Manor
Property House Building Architecture Town

myself acting
Face Zombie Head Skin Flesh
Blue Light Pattern Design Music
Hair Hairstyle Blond Surfer hair Long hair
Leaf Sky Maple leaf Tree Plant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.