Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not costume mandatory party this year so wasn't planning a costume but I
started to get the sewing itch so I made a corset out of Halloween themed fabric. Then of course I need a skirt to go with it so I made one out of pumpkin fabric and today I just made a short sleeved peasant blouse to go under the corset.

and...my husband bought me a purple hat to match. I have no idea what I am but I should probably come up with something for when people ask.

Any ideas?

Corset;

Cute skirt;

Hat and crazy eyes;

·
I'll get you my pretty!
550 Posts
i don't know what it is but i love it!!! great job on all the things you made - have you got a picture in full with everything on so we can see it all together? the hat has a pimp like feel to it so maybe something along those lines? Halloween pimp? get a cane to go with it - I think this calls for boots of some kind - you could probably decorate them to match what you have made so far. :cool:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a full pic yet, when I get a chance I'll get all dressed up and take a photo. I do have a pair of fishnets but am up in the air about the footwear. I have boots but they are not at all comfortable and I'll end up breaking something if I try wearing them while taking care of the kids (3 and 6 months). I tried looking for a pair of army boots at Value Village but no luck.

My daughter says I'm a wizard lol.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
right. it's a picture of the back of a corset, a pic of a skirt and one of my hat. nothing unacceptable there unless you are referring to the lack of gore? then maybe it doesn't fit.

oh and i can assure the only crack in the photo is in the beadboard.

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
I'm tempted to suggest "Red Hat Gone Wild" since the Red Hatters wear a lot of purple too...except of course you've got at least 30 years before you'd be elligible.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had to google Red Hat. Yeah in another 22 years...lol.

I can't find combat boots anywhere, I'll probably end up walking around bare footed.

My dh says she pimp as well but I can't exactly tell kids that (if any show up at the party). The costume in reality is more cute than sexy anyway especially with the puffy sleeved shirt I made for it.

What I really wanted was wings and aviator goggles so I could go as a fairy but couldn't find any.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts