Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hearing about the generosity and kin-ships forged amongst forum members never ceases to amaze me and I have a little note to share to add to the many expressions of kindness. Earlier in the year when many members were seeking the hottest items from HomeGoods, StacyN put out a call for the Headless Horseman statue. You may recall that Stacy created a life size HH that is very much like the Grandin Road version - which led me to starting a conversation based on our mutual likeness of all things Headless Horseman related. Anyway, when Stacy was unable to find the HomeGoods statue, I stumbled across an extra one locally, purchased it and offered it to her. She was very appreciative and reimbursed the purchase price and the shipping.

Well, in return for the effort of finding and shipping her the HH statue, she sent me a few items (some she made herself !) that go along PERFECTLY with my Haunted Hotel theme this year. She sent me some period sheet music (that goes with my vintage organ), a geniune newspaper from 1945, luggage travel stickers, and she made authentic looking luggage tags, a hand towel for the guest bath which has the hotel monogram on it, and created the image of an old hotel with the monogram in the upper corner so that I could print off post cards to mail to my guests. Again, these items were totally unexpected but very much appreciated - and a testament to the kindness of our fellow forum members.

THANK YOU AGAIN, Stacy !!!!!!

2013-10-11 23.06.37 HDR.jpg
2013-10-11 23.06.41.jpg
2013-10-11 23.06.53.jpg
2013-10-11 23.06.59 HDR.jpg

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,752 Posts
Oh my goodness! What an outstanding job, StacyN! All of those props are very convincing! And how thoughtful! Frogkid11, I know we don't do things to get something in return but, it's great that your kindness was paid back with more kindness!!

·
Registered
13,632 Posts
Love the Rudy Vallee cover sheet music (and it's in nice orange and black too!) and all the hotel items. Great items Stacy and Frogkid for a haunted hotel setup from the past.

In this day and age, especially with news stories of all sorts to the contrary that we get bombarded with from media every day, it's wonderful to see such talented, friendly and supportive people on Halloween Forum. Quite a feel good kind of place for a number of reasons.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Actually we don't have a fireplace mantle, so that could be an option. Tough to ship though.

What amazing additions to your theme! Definitely looks like you two are on the same page.

StacyN is an amazing lady. And it's great to see your generosity repaid so thoughtfully frogkid. A lot of sweet, talented, wonderful people on these forums!

·
Registered
349 Posts
You guys ROCK! :cool:

How in the world did you make the postcards, StacyN? I love the monogrammed hand towel especially!
I used an existing vintage postcard ( I collect them) and scanned it into the computer . Then I used a combination of Picasa and my office program to remove the real hotel name and then add the logo I made for frogkid's hotel. I added a border and just aged the whole thing.

·
Witch of the Midwest!
912 Posts
awesome story! that is the nature of those on this forum. despite the reputation of halloween die hards being evil, weird or satanists, the people here are quite the contrary. good for both of you! Happy Halloween! :)

Hearing about the generosity and kin-ships forged amongst forum members never ceases to amaze me and I have a little note to share to add to the many expressions of kindness. Earlier in the year when many members were seeking the hottest items from HomeGoods, StacyN put out a call for the Headless Horseman statue. You may recall that Stacy created a life size HH that is very much like the Grandin Road version - which led me to starting a conversation based on our mutual likeness of all things Headless Horseman related. Anyway, when Stacy was unable to find the HomeGoods statue, I stumbled across an extra one locally, purchased it and offered it to her. She was very appreciative and reimbursed the purchase price and the shipping.

Well, in return for the effort of finding and shipping her the HH statue, she sent me a few items (some she made herself !) that go along PERFECTLY with my Haunted Hotel theme this year. She sent me some period sheet music (that goes with my vintage organ), a geniune newspaper from 1945, luggage travel stickers, and she made authentic looking luggage tags, a hand towel for the guest bath which has the hotel monogram on it, and created the image of an old hotel with the monogram in the upper corner so that I could print off post cards to mail to my guests. Again, these items were totally unexpected but very much appreciated - and a testament to the kindness of our fellow forum members.

THANK YOU AGAIN, Stacy !!!!!!

View attachment 178230
View attachment 178231
View attachment 178232
View attachment 178233

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
This goes to illustrate two points...
Firstly, that Halloween forum is undoubtedly the best internet community on the web.
Secondly, that props do not have to be big, complicated or flashy to be absolutely AMAZING!!:D:D

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This goes to illustrate two points...
Firstly, that Halloween forum is undoubtedly the best internet community on the web.
Secondly, that props do not have to be big, complicated or flashy to be absolutely AMAZING!!:D:D
I give a BIG AMEN !! to those two point, Baron - very well said !

·
Reaper Queen
8,570 Posts
That was a very kind thoughtful thing for her to so, I agree, this is the most amazing awesome forum !! I just thanked 2 who sent rescues to people, and they were not even part of the reaper, simply the best people are on this forum!!

Love the cool gifts frogkid 11!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts