Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two couples brought their numerous small children to Ravens Grin Haunted House. They had driven out from "The city" 3 hours away.
There was the little bitty boy (precocious!) There was the little-bitty Blond girl , there was the little girl with her own bright RED hair and quite an adult sounding way of speaking.
We turned on more lights to begin with then got to the point where everyone was trusting us, so lights could be turned off.
We let them push some "Buttons" operating a few effects,gave them special "Rides" on some old creations here we don't use anymore, which Little -bitty boy found his way out the door and back inside again to cheat and get a second ride! So he preceded his Mother and then followed her!
My wife helped Greatly with the children,bringing out her very cute "Doggie" for them. One Father laughed as I said:"He's been a lot better dog since I shortened his legs." (He's a Corgi)
Many fears were overcome by these kids today,and total Parental support helped greatly.
At the tour's conclusion one Father hung back to ask me if I had actually done most of the work here?
He is in the construction business at some level and trade.
He then said he would love to come back here just to look at how I have built "Things"!
He used the word "Amazing" a few times (but not enough to make me uncomfortable,just Giddy! )
Then he said, "On the way out here.. $15.00? ? Then he said:"But What a BARGAIN!"
Those kids were all so Cute!
What a Sunday! So much small laughter almost non-stop!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
YES! It had been a Great Sunday, but then it just continued!
A total of 8 "Bodies" appeared at our door later that night. two of the "Bodies" were here from Seattle,two from Dubuque,and Four more who were in this area because of Timber Lake Play House.
What ever one does in this life, if you have an appreciative audience for what you do, you just can't beat the feeling and you will never forget those good times and basically Fun People!
Two new Ravens Grin Tee-shirts went traveling to Seattle! I do the artwork and those shirts were both not at all anything like a typical haunt/art shirt.
I have a large Pterodactyl smiling Skull looking at "Mr. Tuxedo " (My old Cat) as the Cat is smiling looking at a small Bird who has nested in part of the Pterodactyl's Skull.
Our newest "Retro-design " has a cut-away look at this house as Mr. Tuxedo wants to sell you this "Map' . Some of this drawing is "fictional', but most of it is Not!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts