Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across this Frankenstein monster ventriloquist dummy while doing a search. It's sold by the artist who hand makes each one and I love how beautifully detailed it is. Now I've spent more than $500 on halloween props over a few seasons and feel it's reasonably priced for a hand made piece you'd probably pass down to your kids, but I still would have trouble plunking down the dollars at one time. However maybe someone else here will buy one and I can live vicariously thru you? He'd go perfectly with my other two halloween ventriloquist/dummy and GR dummy props; and being Frankenstein's monster is so delicious.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Frankenstein-Ventriloquist-Dummy-Horror-Doll-OOAK-Halloween-Prop-Monster-Puppet-/121004904408

Curious what you guys think. Would you like to own him and would you spend the money for him? Not necessarily the same answer I know.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Neat piece. Like you say, it's not a bad price for a piece of art. The artist did a great job putting it together. Whoever wins it should be very proud to own it.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I had my own Ventriloquist doll when I was a kid. I put on little "shows" for local little old ladies clubs. I was a very good ventriloquist, until puberty hit me and my voice changed. Before that I could take half a swallow and talk from the back of my throat with a different voice and not move my lips at all.
I have no clue as to what ever happened to that doll? Maybe he has his own cable tv show now?

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Frankenstein is great, although overpriced (just like the rest). I have periodically checked that eBay store throughout the years, and they do have some terrific dummies, although, going through the pictures of available items, it seems that not a single one has ever sold:rolleyes:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think it's pretty cool, and even just a wee bit creepy. All in all, great find!

I'd personally buy it if I could but I doubt it would be allowed in the house. My sister is easily creeped out by dolls and she'd kill me. Although, it'd be a great reason to get it just to freak her out.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,330 Posts
Ohnononononono....beautiful work but all kinds of nope happenin' for me with ventriloquist dummies. They're #2 on the Nope list after real clowns. Scary clowns I can handle, it's those other ones I don't dig.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
RCIAG
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing