Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I'm jealous. I've always wanted to visit there. Guess my fav. activity is to scare the children while still keeping it fun for them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
For the last few years my favorite Halloween activity has been the costume parties! And before that, it would have been the haunted houses. My daughter was able to go trick or treating last year, she's only two, but she ran trying to catch up with her older cousins. She had such a ball that she still enjoys looking at pics from that day. So with that said, and at this point in my life, trick or treating is definitely my favorite activity. I suppose it will change when she gets older and too cool to go trick or treating with dear ol' dad. Then I'm sure my fav activity will be scaring the crap out of her and her friends. We'll see.....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sitting around the campfire under the dark, October sky with family and friends, feeling the the crisp Autumn breeze and hearing the sounds of fallen leaves blowing on the ground and the laughter and sounds of Trick or Treaters in the distance... And of course suiting up and scaring a handfull of people before the night is over. :D

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
I spent Halloween of 2005 in Salem, heck of a good time. Closest thing to Diagon Alley I'll ever see.

I've hit haunted attractions, run a couple, dressed up for the trick-or-treaters, I still throw sizable parties, I decorate, I make props and costumes, the whole bit.

However - it's that first sip of warm apple cider, mulled with orange, cloves and cinnamon. I let it steep for hours and I don't have any until the afternoon of the thirty-first. By that time the house is filled with the smell.
That first taste? Bang - Halloween.
Time to light the Jacks.

F

·
0 Posts
Spats I am re-reading those books yet again and if Salem is even close to that I will put that on my bucket list!

My favorite thing is not only the trick or treaters but all the kids the weeks before that stop at my house on the way to school and look at all the creepy goodness. I love to just see their wheels spinning on the fun spooky stuff. I live near an elementary, middle and high school so lots of kids come by and check it out.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i'm sure everyones haunt is their favorite activity, that's why we're doing it. so i am thinking you mean other than our haunt. my favorite activity would be watching all the halloween specials that come out that month.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Favorite activity, that;'s a tough one...

Least favorite - taking everything down afterward.

·
Registered
405 Posts
My favorite thing to do is dress up and "work" our haunt. It's so much fun to watch the expressions on the TOT'c faces! Of course, on the days prior to All Hallows Eve, I love to watch classic scary movies like Psycho and House on Haunted Hill, eat buttered popcorn and drink spiced cider to get me in the mood! And, if it's rainy - - that's the cherry on top!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I have to agree with Wolfman! it suck hard to put everything down.

Fav... spending time admiring my haunt and others, as also when people stop their car and get out to see it your haunt, huge feel of pride and accomplishment.

Also, Tim Horton's Pumkin Tea!!! God, I love it!!

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Dont have a favorite I love it all. I love going halloween camping, I love carving pumpkins,halloween parties. I love building halloween props and decorating. I love watching all the scary movies and specials on tv. I love going to halloween usa and spirits every year and browsing. I love going for walks at night in october and seeing all the houses decorated. I love going to haunted houses every year as many as i can afford and haunted hay rides. I truly love every single aspect of fall, october and halloween.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Decorating the house, watching Its the great pumpkin Charlie Brown with the boys who by the way are 17 and 15 and they still watch it with us, and that first bite of a home made caramel apple!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I love everything about Halloween! As I am sure so many of us do. But if I had to pick one thing that I couldn't imagine Halloween without it would be carving pumpkins. We like to all sit down together and carve our pumpkins while Halloweentown is on tv :)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I Love....

Entertaining people, making them jump, flinch, scream then having them laugh immeadiately afterwards.
My haunt is open every night of the year so you know I love it alot...but on October 31st it does sometimes become more special whereas that is a special, strange night.
Not each year but when we have it, "Ghost Seekers Night:-Oct. 31st I like it when people come to sit in the wine cellar with their electronic equiptment...and then they show me later what strange things they picked up on video, photography, audio. Maybe I like this because I am sure many people think there are no such things and the rest of the year I'm just making these stories up concerning the past events here (beginning in 1925)..but.. I have never told fiction here.
People have seen "Orbs" with the naked eye, pulled up their camera from hanging around their neck and successfully snapped a picture that looks just like what we saw floating and moving around. Was this a "Lense Flare?" Bad film? Moisture? Dust? I don't think so.
Most of the time I relate the haunted history of this house with some attempted humor injected because I really do not wish to give anyone a new phobia or sleepless nights, but the basic incidents have all happened here, I'm trying to figure them out myself by passing the information along.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
It's got to be when people take the time to check out the yard and the kind things they say about the effort you put into it

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
Tim Horton's Pumkin Tea!!! God, I love it!!
I've never had it Os...going to have to try one now when I see it. :)

I'm so jealous Shadow, I too have always wanted to visit Salem during Halloween. One year I was determined to go, back pre-kids when my hubby and I were first married but it never happened. Now 3 busy kids later, it gets a bit tougher to be impulsive. I also will add that one to my Bucket list. :)

My favourite activity though, wow that is tough. I love the entire season too, the smell of the air, the crunching leaves..aaagh...

My one fave for sure would have to be my jack o lantern carving. And now watching my children carve their jack o lanterns, that stuff warms my Halloweeny heart! :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts