Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lookin at doing some sort of werewolf costume this year and would like to make the face/head out of latex with "wolf" fur. Anyone have any suggestions or tutorials on how to latex your face for the 1st time, also how would I go about doing the top/back of my head without getting latex in my hair? Could I use some sort of tight fitting head cover like maybe a swimmers cap?

Thanks!
JBeam

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, I'm thinkin more of the "wolfman" type style, I want to use the foothill creation werewolf fangs (top and bottom). And use latex to make the face more like a werewolf. I don't want to do a FULL head to toe werewolf fur, just like the upper chest up, hands, and feet. I perfer to do it where I can stay in costume for extended periods. We do a haunted house every year so I would need to use it nightly for about 2 weeks for about 3-4 hrs a night. I'm not sure what else to include, what am i missing?

·
Scared Silly
1,931 Posts
For a Lon Chaney, Jr. style wolfman, you could either pick up a Woochie Werewolf Nose appliance, or make one yourself by either molding and casting latex in a plaster mold (if you have a little experience) or like this: YouTube - Easy way to make a latex prosthetic / appliance
Since you'll be wearing this multiple times, I would suggest making a hood and other furred areas out of fur fabric, perhaps with crepe hair spirit gummed on around the edges to "blend" the fake fur into your skin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts