Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is my first prop build. The growling will be louder, my baby was asleep when filmed. Right now its only motion control triggered, using motion sensor hack along with old comp PSU to control a bunch of relays. The most trouble some spot would have been trying to figure out how to get the wiper motor to stop in its resting spot. I only used white lights as I don't have time to wire up my color leds the way i want. Anyways here is the link, I hope you like it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you. Took me a good month working on it only a little bit at a time. I do have bigger plans for it next year.

·
Psychic or Psychotic?
714 Posts
Very Impressive.
That thing rocks.
I haven't seen the hand movement before. Is that something you devised, or did you work from plans on the Internet?
Either way, can you provide a link to the instructions for the mechanism?
I second that request or even just a video or some pictures of the mechanism inside the box would be great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its actually quit simple and it is something that i came up with because ... well never seen a prop were the hands come out in this way. Cant really take pics its really cramped in the box need to make it a bit wider next year. I will draw i crappy ms paint version. OK here goes LOL . Now on the video you will notice the white string on the front corners that will sometimes just flop around when the lid shuts. On the picture the yellow dots are small eye lags , one on the lid, , one on the side near the top , and one on the brown L shape (2 pieces of 1x4 nailed together ) that is screwed to the front of the box with a small orange hinge . The green is an elastic waist band in the relaxed phase screwed to the brown L and side of box to allow the hands to spring back fast enough so the lid does not hit them and also keeps tension on the string. So lid opens pulls string lifts brown L into place and elastic snaps it back when lid closes. I went with this movement because it seemed more of a natural movement .

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hope that makes sense I am pretty tired and slow minded right now. I am thinking next year I can come up with an idea ( or someone else )to have another wiper motor ( black hairball ) to drive the hands. Instead of the strings being attached to the lid have them go down towards the front bottom and pulled by a mechanism that will go back and forth .

New Idea wolf.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts