Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this guy's work on youtube and it's really good. I e-mailed him some time ago about the prop work and never got a response.

So, check out the video :

And tell me what he's got going on here - specifically the pneumatic motion if you have an idea. I'd like to give this a shot with a spare Picaboo controller if I (you) can figure it out.

If you have time, look at and comment on some of his other work like this
I like that one too!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Well the Werewolf is simple really. 2 pnuematic cylinders(1 inch bore/4inch stroke est) run through his legs. You don't need to much movement to get him going. Since he is suspended his momentum will do all the work. All parts are hinged and the framework is either wood or metal. When the cylinder extracts then he pops up with all hinged areas producing the movement(Arms, Shoulders, Elbow). That's how I would do it. Do not overthink it.

The walker is very similar to a groundbreaker. The GB is mounted to a walker basically. Instead of mounting to a board for support, drill and bolt through the walker.

Here are my GB's for an idea:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never would have thought the cylinders were in the legs... I was picturing something up in the shoulders pulling back and forth.

Industen - Great work on the Ground Breakers - I'd like to give one of those a try sometime.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
It is bent toward the knees, like kneeing down part way. The cylinder would run from the back of the calf to the back of the thigh. When it extracts it will simulate going for kind of kneeing to standing whatever distance the stroke is of the cylinder. Knees are hinged to allow free movement. This makes it thrash violently.

The cylinders should be at least .75 bore depending on the weight of the prop. I'd use a 1 inch bore to be safe. Can not imagine it would weigh more the 40lb.

I could be wrong with the construction of this prop but I notice no cylinder movement in his arms. Just doesn't look "bulky" enough to have them hidden in his upper part of his body. His legs however are barly on video and what I do see seems "bulky" enough to hide them. Also the 1/4 tubing seems to be going lower when the video pans down. I'd put them in the legs.

Here is another video that backs up the cylinder postioning that is probably in the legs. Notice the compressor hose :42

1 - 7 of 7 Posts