Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. This is my first post this year because we have been busy remodeling and moving into our new house. I've missed you guys a ton! We've barely had time to even think about Halloween this year, much less spend any time here on the forum; and I was worried we would totally miss out. I hope everything has been going well for everyone!

Now for my problem...seeing how we are new in the neighborhood I am reluctant to do very much decorating outdoors this year for fear of offending the new neighbors. We have nice neighbors now, but that could change(maybe) if I put out too much. No one will really see our display except for the people on our street and I just don't know if it's worth it to go all out. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think if they already know kind of what you guys are about then it'll be okay. Just be honest "We love halloween, it's so much fun!" and decorate however and as much as you please! ;)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Helix, I will have to do a more fun display than I would normally do. I like the spookier type displays personally, but I might have to let everyone get used to the idea of the Addams family moving into their neighborhood first.:D

Thanks Halloweeeiner, I've missed out on all the stuff we all normally do to prepare for the big day...usually we get things started by the end of July ( ideas anyway). Now maybe I can find time to make a couple of easy props.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think you should jump in and introduce them to the real you, since they will eventually know it anyhow next year. I have 3 new neighbors on my circle (within just the last 3 months) and figured it would be a great introduction. (One of them is a new pastor in church) LOL.

Have fun with it...you never know, they might appreciate it and get in the spirit too!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Yubney:)!

I think you should jump in and introduce them to the real you, since they will eventually know it anyhow next year. I have 3 new neighbors on my circle (within just the last 3 months) and figured it would be a great introduction. (One of them is a new pastor in church) LOL.

Have fun with it...you never know, they might appreciate it and get in the spirit too!
I want to sooo bad. Our house is up on a hill and all the decorations are going to be displayed nicely. The tombstones we made last year are pretty realistic looking and I hate to just leave them put away. Thanks for the encouragement!

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Me and hubby say, never hide your real self!! If they like you now, they should like you after - if they don't they weren't your real friends then. Be yourself!! :)

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Welcome back! Decorate like you normally would, they're going to find out some year or another anyways! Though if you wanted, maybe cut out some things if they are really gorey, but just for the first year :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I knew I could count on you guys! We now know what to do....GET BUSY! We'll show them the our true colors orange and black!!!!!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Oh I so agree with the others - don't hold back!!! Why should you have to hide your true self out of fear of offending anyone? You're not doing anything wrong. If they don't like it, so what? Different strokes, ya know?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts