Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night we went to Spirit. I am not sure how Spirit picks the people to run the store, but this guy doesnt know to much about Halloween.
Of course we ran to the back to see Michael. Thank goodness we were there, because he was holding a Jason mask and said " I'm not sure why they arent using his mask on him" We gave him a little education, but you could tell Halloween just wasnt his thing. Oh well, you have to start somewhere!

Even though Spirit isnt giving out the 20% coupons for stores this year, we went ahead an purchased Michael. I'm still not sure about him. Its hard to look at him as scary when he looks like he is starving to death. I'm going to have to fatten him up. They made the hands smaller and better so that he can hold his knife (unlike Jason). His right bends which is cool, but he looks like his left arm is paralyzed . There has to be a way to make it look better.

Anyone else have him yet? What do you think?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Last night we went to Spirit. I am not sure how Spirit picks the people to run the store, but this guy doesnt know to much about Halloween.
Of course we ran to the back to see Michael. Thank goodness we were there, because he was holding a Jason mask and said " I'm not sure why they arent using his mask on him" We gave him a little education, but you could tell Halloween just wasnt his thing. Oh well, you have to start somewhere!

Even though Spirit isnt giving out the 20% coupons for stores this year, we went ahead an purchased Michael. I'm still not sure about him. Its hard to look at him as scary when he looks like he is starving to death. I'm going to have to fatten him up. They made the hands smaller and better so that he can hold his knife (unlike Jason). His right bends which is cool, but he looks like his left arm is paralyzed . There has to be a way to make it look better.

What?!?! No 20% off coupons this year? Are you sure?

I was planning on buying him too

·
Registered
634 Posts
I would only get him with at least a 20% off coupon, otherwise I'll wait until they have a better sale or get him next year when everyone will carry him at a cheaper price.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess we were lied to by Spirit. When I called the lady on the phone went to ask someone about it. She came back and said that they would NOT be sending these coupons out this year. They are wanting to have more online orders.
Can you post the coupon so everyone can use it?

I have a call to make to Spirit once I see it.

·
Registered
597 Posts

I usually browse around Spirit, but thats about it. I have learned that most if not all of the employees are a bunch of clowns and outside of the store manager couldnt tell you Myers from Voorhees (not quite that bad but you get my drift).

·
Registered
16 Posts
You actually have to sign up for the Spirit Secret Society either on the website or in store...leave an email address. After the email address is checked as legitimate, usually 48 hours later, you will receive the 20% off on one item coupon. Same for the past 3 years.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just contacted Spirit and was told that they were sorry. The person I spoke to yesterday was wrong. The also told me to contact the manager of the store and explain what had happened. They would give me a 20% off of Michael store credit.
The store manager did not have a problem with it. In fact he told us that yesterday we boosted their sales because of our purchase. They were only open for 3 hours and sold a Michael. In fact they only received 2 Michaels. One for display and one to sell.

Sorry for the coupon confusion. I should know by now not to always believe the oncall sales people.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We always have received the coupons, but since we had not received it yet. I called. I was told that they were not going to do store coupons this year. They had deceided to only do coupons online. They were trying to steer people to purchase on line instead.
I even told the lady that they were making a big mistake. All she could say was she was sorry and that she understood.
It sounded like she knew what she was talking about on the phone.
Oh well, I am happy with getting the store credit. I'm sure I will use it.

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,561 Posts
Any chance anyone would be able to post the 20% off Spirit coupon, or a link to it? I have an account with Spirit and get the emails, but never got a coupon. I want to get to Spirit to get Michael before they're all GONE!!

I'd be willing to give you my email address if you don't mind forwarding it to me! I'd greatly appreciate anyone who's willing to help!! PM me if you are willing to email it to me. Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Any chance anyone would be able to post the 20% off Spirit coupon, or a link to it? I have an account with Spirit and get the emails, but never got a coupon. I want to get to Spirit to get Michael before they're all GONE!!

I'd be willing to give you my email address if you don't mind forwarding it to me! I'd greatly appreciate anyone who's willing to help!! PM me if you are willing to email it to me. Thanks. ;)
we are all chasing for these coupons...the only ones i have seen on this forum expire 2008...don't know if i wanna chance that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts