Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my mom and brother and I went out to get out of the house and such,..to go shopping.. my brother and I made it our mission to find the smallest inkling of Halloween...

Target was a bust though they had count chocula though I do not compleatly count that as halloween.

Party City was a few places down... and low and behold we come inside and see the usual party stuff. make our way to the back of the store and JACKPOT! They were setting up there Halloween section.. Pure Awesome.. only abit of the stuff are up right now... I took some pics i wanna share :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
my party city has some of their big props from last year on sale- the lifesize talking butler holding the light up candles was only $69 instead of $129. Some of their other smaller ghouls and such were on sale too. I almost bought a 5 foot pirate skeleton hanging from a noose for $30. I might still, i'm just not sure where i'd use it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Oh my goodness. OEJ must get that pumpkin pacifier for his grand critter. I think we're going to Party City this week.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have found that party city (and most party stores) carry "some" Halloween stuff all year round. I guess if it is January, and you NEED a Pirate hat, you have to get it somewhere.

Your pics are alot of fun! It looks like you had a lot of fun taking them! :D

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Enjoyed the pics too. And you guys did look like you were having fun trying on costumes and posing for the pictures...hehe. So what are you going to be this year? I assume you dress up for the kids.

We have a few Party Cities nearby but not exactly around the corner so it's helpful to know when the stuff is coming out and it's worth the trip to go. Thanks again.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
*Fixed first piccy*

We do so every year.. we are THE Kings of Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ( in out area :p)) This year is out tenth year since we started to go "all Out".

Not sure what we'll be just yet though we plan on adding abit of everything from out past nine years.

I had another pic but I chose not to add it, my brother was wearing chinaman looking hat (you can see it on shelf in one of the pics.). and he looked kidna racist in it so I chose not to show it lol Don't want people raising hell :p

and yes my brother IS wearing an Indiana Jones Shirt officially from lucasfilm,. as well as a indy tshirt under it. he won it in a texas lottery contest, got an offcial hat, satchel, shirt, leather jacket, t shirt. No pants or whip though lol

two vids i made with pics from our past halloweens

YouTube - Kings of Halloween Past: Part 1

YouTube - Kings of Halloween past part 2

·
Registered
212 Posts
awesome vids... 2008 looked like quite a production, i'm jealous! I don't get any actors to help me, except my daughter was running the smoke machine last year (she's 3). My wife doesn't really get into it, probably doesn't want my neighbors thinking she's a dork like i am.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Hey I was in PC yesterday...nothing yet! Last year I managed to sneak a peak of the planogram shelf stocking sheet. It was like a catalog; I'll go back and hunt for it. I'll take pictures if I can.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,589 Posts
my party city has some of their big props from last year on sale- the lifesize talking butler holding the light up candles was only $69 instead of $129. Some of their other smaller ghouls and such were on sale too. I almost bought a 5 foot pirate skeleton hanging from a noose for $30. I might still, i'm just not sure where i'd use it.
I called 2 of mine, they said they have a few costumes on sale but no props, one guy flatly said in one of those disdainful voices, "our halloween props are never on sale",. I was like...meanie... but bit my tongue. I know for a fact at that store they had prop sales off and on unadvertised and way before October, because the manager last year was bragging about all the props she sold and how I "just missed it". ugh. Also it had been like the third time she had a half off prop sale. geez, I was like just missing all the sales last year. :( The other store I called was more friendly and said they were puttin up some of their hanging props but nothing major yet, probably in a few more weeks, "its still so early, its only July" she said, lol Im like OK, but you guys and many others put it up way before October last few years running, because I went looking for Halloween stuff at the end of Sept. and most of the good stuff was clearanced out already.

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
That 'halloween is coming' sign excited me way more than it should have.

I love hanging out in the park & at the beach and enjoying the long hot summer days as must as the next guy but go away already, if i could wake up and it be october 1st tomorrow i would.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
awesome vids... 2008 looked like quite a production, i'm jealous! I don't get any actors to help me, except my daughter was running the smoke machine last year (she's 3). My wife doesn't really get into it, probably doesn't want my neighbors thinking she's a dork like i am.

yeah just my brother and some of our friends and I.. we do it every year,.. but we never started t go all out since the year 2000

1 - 20 of 23 Posts