Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! So last night myself and eight friends drove up from NYC to New Paltz to experience the Headless Horseman hayride/corn maze/haunted house attraction. The weather was perfect as it's been pretty mild here but yesterday it felt like Fall officially began. It was a chilly 53 degrees last night and it was perfect! Traffic sucked and we were late for our reservation but they were really accommodating. We didn't care for the hayride as much because our "story teller" who wove some story together about Grim fairy tales, the tooth fairy and the Headless Horseman didn't really seem to care about what she was saying. But we were impressed with the sets. The actors on the hayride were kind of whatever, too. Our favorite parts were in the three Haunted Houses because the sets were amazing! If anything Headless Horseman pays attention to detail when it comes to the atmosphere and scenes they create. We had such a blast, were scared out of our minds and screaming our heads off. The only drawback was that we waited in about ten different lines, so it took us about three hours to complete the whole thing. It wasn't bad to wait, it kept the anticipation up and they had some delicious apple cider. All in all, it felt like a proper kick off to my Halloween season as next weekend I'm throwing a party and the weekend after is the big night itself! Has anyone been to any big haunts this year?

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Booked tickets for myself and 3 friends to one last night. Finally. Quite a few nights are already sold out so glad i got it booked. Looking forward to it. The Tue before halloween.

Not heard of the Headless Horseman before, any chance New Paltz is near Sleepy Hollow? Never understood why that little town didn't try and make the most of their history/story.

·
The Evil Spectre
1,220 Posts
I just saw this on TLC (The Learning Channel) the other night, on a show called The 10 Best haunts in America. It is supposedly real close to the real Sleepy hallow, which makes this so very popular.

I'd love to go there. maybe sometime next year!!

Glad you had a good time. It didn't look too bad on T.V....lol

·
Registered
138 Posts
i was there too, as far as the hayride i enjoyed it. you couldbnt even hear our storyteller. the sound quality could have been better. like pumpkin jack said, attention to detail was insane. corn maze was a little less than i expected but fun nonetheless. the prices for food and stuff was very reasonable. overall, i would def recommend it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts