Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In VA beach there is a pirate cruise ship called Captain Jack's Pirate Adventure. They do daytime cruises out along the VA Beach coastline for the kids and in the evening more adult themed cruises for the grown ups. We went on a kids cruise Sunday and had a ball! The crew all stay in character really good and teach the kids all kinds of pirate stuff, limbo, and we got see dolphins. Near the end of the cruise Blackbeard attacks and the kids have to defend the ship with water cannons. Great fun! Heres a few pics...

Getting ready to set sail...

A little swashbuckling with the other kids...

Setting sail,,,

Taking the pirate oath...

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
That's very cool. I saw a similar pirate ship in Baltimore's harbor. The kids were shooting the water cannons there too. This program looks a lot more in-depth and interesting for the kids though.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
That is a neat idea, and I am sure that the children loved it. I would not hesitate to do the adult cruise if there were one nearby.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a neat idea, and I am sure that the children loved it. I would not hesitate to do the adult cruise if there were one nearby.
From what one of the pirates was telling us after the cruise the adult trips involve raunchier jokes and skits and a whole lot of drinks from the bar. The bar is open to adults on the kids cruises too. The cruises are only about an hour and cost $22 for kids and $26 for an adult. Booking online saves you a few bucks. Our 5 year old has been playing pirate for two days now. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts