Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Kitschiest Kitsch
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...for me to start lurking around here again with excitement for the big day! I don't know if I'll decorate or have a party this year like I usually do, due to some personal circumstances, but I'm hoping everything will work out just fine so that I can!

I feel weird saying this, but I was totally enjoying decorating for Christmas so much last year! Now that I've started my collection of kitschy and mid-century themed Christmas decor I just can't help myself, but I'm definitely looking forward to both this year!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am with you. As soon as the warm weather starts creeping back, Halloween is on the brain. When I was a kid I would make lists of costume and decoration ideas in July while on family vacations in Maine. Good luck re-focusing your attention away from Christmas and back on Halloween!

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
1,978 Posts
It's OK to enjoy both! I decorate at least some for every holiday. I don't do much outdoor decorating for Christmas, but I have a nutcracker collection of 100+ and growing!

I feel like I'm forgetting to do something, since I haven't been fretting about Halloween prop-building this year! I'm pretty sure there's nothing I need to build, other than a platform to fit over the fence for my gargoyle blowmold to sit on. I started updating some stones last year & never finished, so I'll work on those. I have to come up with e new layout, since I'm finally getting the lights how I want them on the cemetery, but the blowmolds that I love and won't get rid of drown out the lights!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I've been stressing already! Lol I want to build some things, but our weekends have been filled with exploring our new city and surrounding areas! And garage sales...so many garage sales now that we are in an area that has decent treasures available and not all baby supplies!

Thankfully we decided to just bring back and old theme of pirates, but with a new house and yard to decorate, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't already stressing/planning! I'm excited though! Fresh canvas! But...I'm also sad to know of the kids that had started coming to our old place every year and will be disappointed to see us gone. :(

·
Registered
326 Posts
Right there with you! I hope that the personal stuff works out just fine so that you can enjoy the holiday. Last year, I'd planned to have a party, but my father passed away unexpectedly in September. I still decorated to keep myself occupied, but couldn't bring myself to have the party.

I've been planning and making away for a month or so! Can't wait to utilize our bigger space for a bigger party.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts