Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Impossible to keep props up. Graveyard has blown over. All my yard decorations are faltering. I can't even put up a prop I bought this year because it's too windy outside. Worse, my 7+ foot tall pumpkin scarecrow isn't going to be able to handle the winds. This royally sucks - and it's only expected to get worse as the night goes on. I'd even take a bit of rain and no winds over this crap.

:mad:

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
Feeling for you. Winds are the equalizer for sure. Nothing like buying/making props and setting up things only to have to take it down...before the event.

I hope the wind dies down for you so at least the kids can trick or treat and you can be somewhat revitalized by the kids looking cute and scary and having fun. Looking at the national forecast lots of people are heading for a lousy weather Halloween. Some rain here now and I had to scrap alot of what I had planned and go with a wet-weather plan instead. Like you, I had some props I bought this year and realy wanted to use but will save for another year if I can't keep them dry.

Hang in there.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
This seems to be the theme across the boards today! Wind, rain, snow; there may be a lot of leftover candy tomorrow.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Winds are bad here as well. No Gemmy Fire and Ice dragon on the roof

Vampire down from tree

Bride blown out of cemetery

awful

Gonna struggle on- hope the ToTs still come!

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,110 Posts
Insanely windy here, too...and very cold. It snowed this morning, and may, again, tonight. The wind is just terrible. It's always windy here in October, but this wind is quite strong, even in comparison to other years. I have most of my graveyard secured with rebar, so it's holding fairly well, but I can't light anything, like our skull torches and such. Opening the door to greet the ToT's may be a challenge, too, as the gusts tend to slam it back at me. I have no idea if we will get ToT's or not...we get very few, as it is, and with these icy cold winds...well, it's just miserable...so we will see if the parents brave the weather...

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don't get it, we've had temps in the 50's and 60's for several weeks with very little rain. Today, however, high 30's with winds around 40 mph and snow flurries. Of course it gets warm again after today.:rolleyes:

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,110 Posts
I don't get it, we've had temps in the 50's and 60's for several weeks with very little rain. Today, however, high 30's with winds around 40 mph and snow flurries. Of course it gets warm again after today.:rolleyes:
You gotta love our strange Illinois weather, lol. Heck, it was in the upper 60's to upper 70's here for 5 days in a row just days ago!! Now it's snowing and freezing...sigh...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Same **** here! Woke up to one prop destroyed, another with busted PVC fittings. Fog machines are pretty much going to be useless.

Very pissed off right now. Incredibly pissed off.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Me too! I've never seen the wind like this. It's such a nice day, too. Warm, sunny! I'd take cloudy and cold, though, over this mess. :(

·
Registered
443 Posts
Good luck dealing with the strong winds & hope y'all can recover for tonight. Sometimes the wind will die down here after sunset & hope that will be the case tonight.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry to hear bad weather is threatening to shut so many of us down tonight. At least it's Friday. There's been talk in my neighborhood to do what we did last year - postpone Halloween by a day. Even if this weekend is technically November, I'll be happy with a postponement if it means Halloween isn't a total wash. Good Luck, everyone!

·
Registered
357 Posts
We are in the process of moving so I did not set up the haunt this year. Today for the first time I was actually happy about that.
Wind
NNW at 29 mph
gusting to 40 mph

·
Registered
493 Posts
Wind blew over my new big Grim Reaper this afternoon as well as my cemetery sign. The Reaper is lying down right now and won't be set up until nigh fall when hopefully the wind won't be as bad. The sign broke and needed emergency repair which set everything back a little bit. I don't know what is going on today but everything is fighting back at me today. Tasks that should be very simple and easy are abnormally difficult and a complete pain in the butt. I'll probably end up hurting myself before the night is over.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
I feel for you guys. We were forecast to have wind and a mix of rain/snow. We've had little to no wind and only a couple drops minus the light shower we had this morning. Temp is at 45. We had TOT last night, which was great weather, but tonight would have been very do able weather wise.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank God the wind died down! I was able to get the guy up - though he fell over a couple times before I could prop him up safely.

Barely made it before the first ToTs came!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts