Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may remember, a couple of weeks ago I wasn't sure that my yard display would be going up this year at all. The death of a good friend was making me reconsider my graveyard setup and it's appropriatness (is that a word? lol) and I just wasn't feeling too "Halloween-y".

Well, as things would have it, I found the best way to deal with grief was to throw myself into my remaining projects! My fence got finished and turned out better than I ever thought it would, my silly little bluckies got their pvc fittings, my caretaker sculpt got his hair and eyebrows and is now waiting for his body, and my house got decorated! Whew! I have gone to bed very tired every night but it has been great therapy.

I just got done putting up my fence and I'll start setting up tombstones in a bit.
I hope to have some pics to post by tonight or tomorrow! Actually, here is a llittle "teaser"!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
It is wonderful, Madame Leota.

I remember when you mentioned your friend and I know you're hurting and I think you've found a good way to "come alive" again...your projects. I think it's perfect and I'll bet where she is right now, your friend is laughing and clapping for your cool display.

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Good to have ya back Madame!! :) Proud of you for keeping the spirit alive, and know your friend would be too!!

What you've done so far, looks great - anxious to see more! :D

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
I'm glad to see you made your decision and it has been good for your soul. I'm sure your friend is looking upon you with a smile...the one thing I'm sure that she would want you to be is happy. :)

BTW, looks great! :p

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Here's one more, after the stones were set and a few inhabitants made an appearance:

Much more still to come!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Madame Leota, did your friend enjoy Halloween as much as you? If so, have you considered making a special prop dedicated to her?

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Madame Leota, did your friend enjoy Halloween as much as you? If so, have you considered making a special prop dedicated to her?
Sadly, no. As much as I loved her, she was one of those that just never got it.
Actually, I think that besides my kids, my forum friends are the only ones that get me! ;) Thanks for asking...

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Hallow Madame L!! This is wonderful news! It is easy to tell that one of the reasons your friend must have appreciated your friendship so much is that you have that "embrace life!" spirit! We all move past grief one day at a time... and it always seems easier when we try to live each day to the fullest! Your Halloween display will bring smiles to so many! Way to help the neighborhood (and yourself!) keep smiling! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts