Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm over the moon that i have found this forum!! Trust me i am really needing it. I'm ashamed to admit but this years Halloween wen't all wrong in the props and decoration side of things. Usually every year my misses would get everything ready and arrange the Halloween decorations throughout the house. This year it's a little different without that women's touch, i just had sh** everywhere and my front yard and house looked terrible compared to everyone else on the street. So next year i am going to have to go next level and plan ahead unlike this year. I have been thinking of a "Freddy Krueger" theme for next year, first off i want to make my own costume! i don't just want to buy one online from a random site like http://www.easyprices.com/fashion because that is where every other person will be wearing/using. I want to make it scary as hell but i am terrible with coming up with ideas when it comes to arts and crafts. So basically i know this is terrible but i need some ideas guys that i can start creating now getting myself prepared for next year. I will be the scariest house on the street.

00freddy00.jpg

All of you thoughts and ideas are welcome guys!! looking forward to chatting to everyone!

Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am new here myself and I found browsing the picture galleries were a source of a lot of ideas. Also the prop tutorial thread showed just how easy it is to get some good effects. Others that are much harder and beyond my skillset at least provide me some inspiration. I have been impressed how proper lighting and fog makes a big difference in the effect of a yard display.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will go and have a look through those sections now see what i can find. I am looking forward to next years Halloween more than i am Christmas!!

Thanks for the reply i will get back to you soon

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Look here and on Pinterest at the way others put out their decorations. It's very helpful in figuring the best way to display things and helps to train your eye in what looks good.

·
Read Only
1,348 Posts
I have to agree with lilibat. Head on over to Pinterest and just browse the ideas that are there. Many of the ideas also link to sites where they'll give you guided instructions on how to make whatever it is you've fallen in love with. They have a search engine. Type in "creepy Halloween" or something similar and spend an evening getting ideas.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I went through the same experience 2 years ago as in I didn't plan good, didnt' build props then my Halloween was so so.... I was
disappointed in myself. SO..... last year I planned and built props all year long starting in November so when the big day came
our yard haunt was leaps and bounds above anyones on the street and neighborhood. My point..... Plan early, build early..... then
set up and test everything so if anything needs to be adjusted or fixed it isn't on the big day..... if it is too late then. People were
impressed with our yard and we got tons of compliments. So get planning and building. You have all winter ;)

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,382 Posts
the only problem i have with pinterest is it seems like i find the same things all the time--doing a basic search for "halloween decorations" or something similar returns about 50 sites that all have the picture of the glow stick balloon ghosts, etc. maybe my pinterest searching skills just aren't the best. otherwise i'm a fan of pinterest as well.

·
Registered
703 Posts
If you are looking to be the scariest, then you need to spend time on lighting and sound. These will have the biggest impact and are most often overlooked.
There are many tutorials on these subjects right here on the forum.
Also, just my 2cents, I don't think Freddy is considered scary any more. Freddy has been overused and most people wont even give it a second look. I think your best bet is to come up with something original. Again, just my 2cents.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,791 Posts
SpookyG .... you're getting a lot of good advice. If you're an actor in your Freddy costume you will be able to control the timing of the scare and you will be fantastic. I say stay the course with Freddy and really enjoy it. If you set the tone of the scene properly Mickey and Minnie Mouse will scare people so as others have suggested spend a lot of time on lighting and sound. Fortunately these don't have to be expensive.

·
Registered
720 Posts
A replica of a boiler with a hella-strong fog machine, and red and yellow lights inside it.

Then, ashes. Ashes EVERYWHERE.

And finally, trapped children. Alive, AND dead.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts