Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all! I'm a late-comer to the forum but I've peeped y'all for years! ;)

My family does the holiday together even though our children are grown. I love that they will participate and go with their momma's crazy ideas. When I come up with a theme, we roll with it from decorations to costumes to party food. Everyone usually gets involved, starting with the finding and cutting of the creepy tree (yes...we find dead trees to cut down for outdoor decorations) to making props and costumes. I find it's one of the best times of the year to get creative and have fun. Plus, who doesn't like creeping the neighbors out, especially the ones who don't like you? Oh, the joy of being the talk of the 'hood. :p You know you win Halloween when all the kids around want to go to your house! I still have yet to decide what this years theme will be, but I'm hoping to get the creative juices flowing soon!

I'll try to get some pics up from some of our "events" through the years, shortly. Just wanted to stop and say hello, first. :cool:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like you guys have a great time. I love that you use trees too! Mother nature can sometimes be the best resource, especially to up the creep factor! Can't wait to see you around the forum and what you come up with :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I'll try to get some pics up from some of our "events" through the years, shortly. Just wanted to stop and say hello, first. :cool:

Maybe I'll get the hang of this place one day! Just letting everyone know I posted a few pics of past Halloween themed events at our place in my albums. The consensus of our family and party guests labeled Arkham Asylum as their favorite year so far. If I ever get time to post more when I find them, I will.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! We Texans are big on hospitality and there's no end to it here on the forum. :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts