Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
So what is this place going to be? what's the goal and usage for this "link"?
Muffy came up with a great idea to help some of us stay on track with our prop building. So, this is a group of people who, each month, will be working on similiar props led by an instructor who is good at making that style of prop. As the build progesses, the instructor (and the group) will help with any problems. Should be a lot of fun.

If you've ever needed a kick in the pants sometimes to get motivated to get something made then this will be the group for you.

·
Registered
591 Posts
so muffy is there any list on what could be the first project? And when it is desided will a parts list with #'s and maybe a source be available before the build for those of use that have to order online.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes DW we are in the process right now of getting a poll together to vote on what the 1st project will be....( you can find most of the info in the General Hallween section on a thread called.....Halloween Social Group anyone interested?) Materials list will be available 30 days prior to project startup date & all questions answered!!

Muf

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,448 Posts
Is this going to be for new peops, ones that haven't been done yet or any prop that is around ?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bf......there is a lot of us that have quite a few props we'd like to add to our haunts & depending what stage you are at that prop could be anything.....as we have a lot of new members that just decorated for their 1st time this 2008 season.

Some of us that have been around awhile would like to take the lead to just start a group together building online in a class format. So we all work on the same project at the same time & help to get it completed not only with the help from each other but also from a group leader being someone who has built this prop & can take us through it.

SO I would say .....maybe.."any prop around" meaning we are gone try & provide polls everytime we do this so members can pick the projects being offered at that time. Also sometimes we may slide in a project if someone has time to teach & can only devote time that month or so. Actually we're gonna make up the rules as we go along but the objective is to try & stay on track getting some props built during the year & not being crazy 30 days before halloween!lol

Muf

·
Registered
457 Posts
I am wondering how far out in advanced we can schedule the projects and instructors. I was trying to come up with an idea for my project and I kept coming up with things that you need Halloween items for. There are things that you can get pretty cheap around the season, but are nearly impossible to find after and if you do find and order them online they are much more expensive. If the project thing takes off, we may want to think about everyone presenting their projects and supply lists around Halloween when those items are in season and hold onto them until the month of that project comes up later in the year. Not that any of us need more reasons to be a Halloween pack rat, but it could save some money, get people committed to the project earlier and widen the array of projects that everyone can choose from. Just a thought!

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
Hi Muffy,
Even though I haven't been able to actually take part in theses classes I have been following everyone's progress, and have been taking notes for future reference. Hope to be able to join in soon. But my thought was in reference to your statement about helping new people who come in later. Perhaps you should make this thread a sticky since it kind of explains what this prop-building-group is all about, and you can explain (again) where they are allowed to post, how the classes work,etc. I must admit I was a bit confused at first on whether I could use this group, or what it's purpose was. But I didn't know which thread to read to get info about it, or how it worked. Anyway, just a thought. I love this idea of online prop building classes. Thanks to all of you who are pitching in to help.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts