Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked & declared my theme for this year, as a few friends were pressuring me so they could start being on the look out for costume ideas. We don't require dressing in theme, though some sort of costume is required. After much debate I settled on an Alice in Wonderland theme. I've been wanting to have a Wonderland party for a while, and I'd rather do it now before the Depp version comes out and (though it will probably be wonderful) is mass marketed/cross marketed/merchandised to the hilt and makes it all seem too unoriginal.

I'm planning on doing different "areas" based on scenes of the book - the giant flowers in the hallway, Cards & roses, caterpillar & forest, animal croquet, tea party, etc. I'd like the entry way to somehow be a looking glass you step through or somehow like the rabbit hole. I'll probably do a little bit of a dark/gothic feel, but nothing extreme.

Our entertainment this year will be the DDR arcade game, rented from a local party services place.

I'm guessing I'll be the queen of hearts (Alice just isn't fun enough, and I do like being able to order people's heads off...) though it's not a done deal.

Any ideas? I've searched the forums and found some pretty old threads considering this theme, talking about the video game, etc., but not much recent with ideas or pictures. Suggestions welcomed!

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
You could have the ... monerath? those little things that made a path before they got swept away to lead people around to certain points at your party. If you order heads off you could have a guillotine .

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Have a contest for prizes to see who can recite the most of the Jabberwocky poem. Maybe you could hand out the poem as guests come in, but not tell then that there will be a contest later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts