Halloween Forum banner
21 - 40 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
I recognized a few of those items from photos you posted earlier in the year! Your shopping is all coming together really nicely.

Your photo of the POTC treasure chest cd player influenced me to buy a used one off eBay LOL. Thought about it and it just looked so nice. It arrived yesterday and very pleased. I have a pirates chest that I found in the toy dept at TJMaxx a few years back which I thought was decent looking but this POTC one blows that one away in looks. And love the heart! The cd/mp3/iphone input option on it is icing on the cake and will save me from setting up something else in that area of my haunt for audio. Will either burn background audio tracks to a cd and use it that way or run audio off another input device. I'm sure I never would have found this on my own if you hadn't shared, so thanks again :D. BTW if your chest came with a manual, can you let me know if it has a repeat function. No instructions with my used unit :(.

Has your chest arrived yet? Way heavier than I thought it would be and the sound quality is okay for the price. Wish it had more bass for deeper sounds like cannon fire but great for crickets and swamp sounds. Are you planning on using it for audio as well?

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I recognized a few of those items from photos you posted earlier in the year! Your shopping is all coming together really nicely.

Your photo of the POTC treasure chest cd player influenced me to buy a used one off eBay LOL. Thought about it and it just looked so nice. It arrived yesterday and very pleased. I have a pirates chest that I found in the toy dept at TJMaxx a few years back which I thought was decent looking but this POTC one blows that one away in looks. And love the heart! The cd/mp3/iphone input option on it is icing on the cake and will save me from setting up something else in that area of my haunt for audio. Will either burn background audio tracks to a cd and use it that way or run audio off another input device. I'm sure I never would have found this on my own if you hadn't shared, so thanks again :D. BTW if your chest came with a manual, can you let me know if it has a repeat function. No instructions with my used unit :(.

Has your chest arrived yet? Way heavier than I thought it would be and the sound quality is okay for the price. Wish it had more bass for deeper sounds like cannon fire but great for crickets and swamp sounds. Are you planning on using it for audio as well?
that is great you got one haha . you got yours before I got mine in fact I just emailed my ebay seller asking why it has not shipped yet io paid for it on the 9th and its now the 12th.

I want to use the audio to I will have it playing I thinking I might buy a cd or burn one of the sounds I want not sure what sounds just yet. Now lets hope this person ships my chest or all ready shipped and did not updated .

I will let you know if I get a manual :)

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
ah, hope it already shipped. I've had eBay items ship out but take a day or two afterwards to send email to me or update with tracking on their site. Some sellers also only ship out on select days too which delays it. The weather around the US has been pretty crappy. Fortunately for me my seller was in the same state as me so even though I was quoted longer it arrived 2 days early.

There are lots of places for pirate audio sounds so doubt you'll have any trouble finding something. Even a heart beat sound track would be great for the chest. Stored somewhere I have the Poison Props Haunted Pirate Ship CD. I bought it for my pirate theme. Been a couple of years since I listened to it but it was 1 track and easy to plop in and use as is and I remember thinking it was perfect for my use. Here's their site and there's a limited audio sample there in case you're interested. http://poisonprops.com/product/cd-099-haunted-pirate-ship/ I bought a few of Poison Prop's CDs from them and remember smooth transactions and being happy with the audio quality. Crisp and clear and the sounds were relevant. I think all the audio CDs were done by Adam Johnston who is a 2 time Emmy award winning sound designer. Check out the site's "audio store" for other titles. When I bought mine only CD were available at the time. Now they have digital download available for a .95 savings (well actually 3.95 since you save on shipping).

·
The Cackling Cauldron
1,334 Posts
I just came across this little DIY I plan to use for showing off some of my oddities and antiquities in the Ominous Acquisitions shop. Thought you might find it useful for your own display items!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Awesome stuff you've acquired Saki. Sounds like a great theme. My biggest problem would be keeping to just one thing so this would be right up my alley. Best of both worlds! I have a make shift pirate ship and have the poison pirate ship sounds cd along with a couple others that I could actually use this year with that treasure chest. I'm terrible at judging size but reading the dimensions it seems on the small side. When you get it, anyway you could take a photo with something for size comparison? Would appreciate it and am looking forward to this thread.
A_Granger : Great idea with the microwave turntable. Gets my mind spinning with ideas as I'm thinking of replacing mine in the near future.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I just came across this little DIY I plan to use for showing off some of my oddities and antiquities in the Ominous Acquisitions shop. Thought you might find it useful for your own display items!

This is very cool thank you for sharing never would have thought up that idea . I want to try this for sure :)

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Awesome stuff you've acquired Saki. Sounds like a great theme. My biggest problem would be keeping to just one thing so this would be right up my alley. Best of both worlds! I have a make shift pirate ship and have the poison pirate ship sounds cd along with a couple others that I could actually use this year with that treasure chest. I'm terrible at judging size but reading the dimensions it seems on the small side. When you get it, anyway you could take a photo with something for size comparison? Would appreciate it and am looking forward to this thread.
A_Granger : Great idea with the microwave turntable. Gets my mind spinning with ideas as I'm thinking of replacing mine in the near future.
I for sure will post a pic for you my chest is on it way so soon as I get it I can post picks next to a wood chest I have for comparison

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Looks like I will get the cd player today or tommorow it's behinds on the ice storm today if it gets deliverd can not wait.

I got 2 of these candle holders I am going to use somewhere

I have a thing for lanterns so one of the stores i do I want to have a bunch in
Working on my lay out post pics of it soon

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
Wish I would have stopped into Joann's last year when they had those bone candelabras. They'll make a great display. How many candles do they hold?

The chest....really?! I've been pretty lucky with my eBay purchases over the years. I was glad my shipping box didn't get dropped along the way and everything worked fine. The lid was a bit tricky to open on mine as it didn't pop open when I pressed the button on the "latch". Don't know if you got directions with yours or not but did you make sure the CD recorded portion was face down and that you selected "CD" and not "Line In" using the button on the front? Hopefully all works out for you in the end. If you do need to return it, I thought Amazon had a pretty good price on it if you were a Prime Member and could get it shipped free. I thought a lot of the ebay listings were kind of pricy by the time you factored in shipping. My used one didn't come with an original box but I saw that many still had them. Kind of wish I had the box to store it in.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Wish I would have stopped into Joann's last year when they had those bone candelabras. They'll make a great display. How many candles do they hold?

The chest....really?! I've been pretty lucky with my eBay purchases over the years. I was glad my shipping box didn't get dropped along the way and everything worked fine. The lid was a bit tricky to open on mine as it didn't pop open when I pressed the button on the "latch". Don't know if you got directions with yours or not but did you make sure the CD recorded portion was face down and that you selected "CD" and not "Line In" using the button on the front? Hopefully all works out for you in the end. If you do need to return it, I thought Amazon had a pretty good price on it if you were a Prime Member and could get it shipped free. I thought a lot of the ebay listings were kind of pricy by the time you factored in shipping. My used one didn't come with an original box but I saw that many still had them. Kind of wish I had the box to store it in.
ya i got no manual with mine
Ya the disc will not spin its like where you put it on is to low . this is the first ebay purchase i hav ever had a issue with. her reply was oh sorry i replied back um i feel i should get a bit of a refund i paid for a working unit. will see what she says .. if any thing i will just use the heart light up . she packed it well box looked great it came from florida lol

ya i love the candle holders they hold 3 candles each.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Gee are you sure you would be happy with a chest with no CD capability? Does the Input work so you can play from a mp3 etc.?
I will have to give the input a try and see :)
she is giving me half of what I paid back so it only coasted me $8.00 and 6.00 for shipping I am good with it :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Ok received the cd chest very disappointed that the eBay add said all worked perfectly and we'll no it dose not will not play cd but the heart lights up.
I have contacted seller will see what they say.

But here is some picks for size

Thanks for the picture. Size doesn't look too bad. Sorry to hear it wasn't working but at least you were partially refunded. Maybe with a little tinkering you can figure it out. Or as GOS said use the line in. Thinking about it but am trying to control my impulse :)

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Thanks for the picture. Size doesn't look too bad. Sorry to hear it wasn't working but at least you were partially refunded. Maybe with a little tinkering you can figure it out. Or as GOS said use the line in. Thinking about it but am trying to control my impulse :)
ITS actual very cool you should get one :).

21 - 40 of 202 Posts