Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning my neighbor, sweet lady in her 70's, came over and brought me..... wait for it.......................... a pair of prosthetic legs!:eek:
Her husband picked them up at an estate sale (nothing creepy about that, right?) and thought I'd be able to do something with them!
I feel like I have to make use of them but I have no idea what to do. Any ideas? I'm open!

·
Registered
394 Posts
LOL! So sweet of her!
If you have a garage, maybe put them at the base of the door in a pool of blood? Kinda like the wicked witch under the house!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only problem is, they're the kind with the metal piece from the knee down. They don't look like actual legs. The feet are somewhat realistic. I'm at a loss.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
The gift from the elderly woman definitely got a laugh out of me. A zombie torso could have them attached, making it like the cadaver tried to salvage what was left of itself in order to catch its meals after its legs rotted away. The Return of the Living Dead series has thinking zombies, so it could happen...:D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Could you put tights on them to hide the metal piece? Then you could put shoes on them and just place them right by your house Wizard of Oz style, like PMTT suggested.
Or have them sticking out of black plastic a roll of carpet with a shovel stuck in the ground nearby?

·
Ghouls Rule
2,612 Posts
put black/white stripe knee highs on them and ruby red shoes, butt the thigh parts up against your house.
edit (lol, just saw others thought the same thing.) Do eet!

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
Now that's an awesome neighbor!

I actually had someone come by my house last year with huge shopping bags full of Halloween clearance. She said her family enjoys our haunt and wanted to thank us!

It feels great to know people appreciate what we do!

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,035 Posts
I agree with putting striped tights on them and ruby slippers and sticking them next to the house or garage like she is under them, lol. You can stuff the metal parts of the legs with something to round them out to look like the rest of the leg under the tights...
I also agree with adding some gore to the metal parts to hide the metal and make it look like they are rotting away, if you can work with a zombie type theme.

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
I'd use them as replacement legs for a skeleton. That's my plan for the two I bought at Goodwill last year.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm so jealous! I'm trying to find something like this for a table planter display. I've also seen people use the stripe tights and put them sticking out of a pot with a cute witch sign.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,035 Posts
I'm so jealous! I'm trying to find something like this for a table planter display. I've also seen people use the stripe tights and put them sticking out of a pot with a cute witch sign.
I have seen the witch legs sticking out of the large pot, too...very fun!
I have also seen witch legs sticking out of a fireplace, out from under a hanging umbrella...there's lots of witch leg ideas...check Pinterest...just type in "witch legs" and you'll get some ideas...if you so choose the witch leg route, anyway.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Paper mache them or modge podge them till the look different to cover the metal pieces n stuff, can have them sticking out from under the garage door, or sticking out of random things. Make them like they are the other half of a person like the blue woman at the end of Beetlejuice in the waiting room too :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Peg leg for a pirate?...or some type of cyborg..lol. Not exactly something you can just throw together. Really cool she gave them to you and understandable you want to use them somehow. I have had that same thing happen. Someone gave us a large inflatable. They're cool but not our thing but I felt obligated to use it so I did a couple of years in the back out of the way. Maybe luck, maybe Karma but my neighbor wanted to get in on things a little and started giving out candy at the end of his driveway. (he';s confined to a motorized scooter) No one was stopping at his house - just walking by to go to ours so I asked him if he wanted us to throw something in his yard so of course the large inflatable now will reside at the end of his driveway :) Maybe you can make something and give it to her for her house if it doesn't fit in with your stuff. Good Luck

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the replies! I know there's gotta be a way of using them but, this is probably going to sound really silly, I think my biggest hesitation is that the things just seriously give me the heeby jeebies! They came from an estate sale so essentially somebody died and her heirs sold her fake legs! It makes me think of that old ghost story we used to tell about the golden arm and the owner that came back as a ghost looking for it. See, I knew you'd think it was silly.
Oh and then there's the feet - they're squishy. :eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts